President Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Biden

He's exceeding my expectations so far. Just the aura of competence & professionalism from his administration is refreshing. And of course real leadership on COVID, immigration reform, rejoining the world stage, protections for minorities, etc. Also there's a policy of openness and honesty that I don't recall from any previous Presidency.
    "

Yeah; it's SO refreshing to see a president w/ his big-boy pants on, trying to do the job.

And he's definitely turning out less conservative than he's always pretended...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I haven't been paying attention, tbh, but I do remember his vice-presidential debate years ago against Sarah Palin. He came across as a distinguished elder statesman of impeccable dignity just because he wasn't Sarah Palin. Suggest you hold off on assessments until Trump has been out of the spotlight for at least three months.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I just hope you guys start taking climate change seriously :-(
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

His tone is a blessing after 4yrs of crazy. Policy-wise we have to see. Dunno about domestic details (stimulus package, whatnot).

The Covid/Vaccination thing moves into the right direction. B. may have profited from the circumstances here (vaccines out, and even more coming).

Democracy is under attack both from within and from the league of intl .strongmen for quite awhile now, so it's good that the WH is occupied by someone that doesn't exchange love letters with the likes of Kim and Vlad.

Question is - does Trump remain an episode, or does the GOP move even more into fringe stuff, and can win majorities on that...
          Blah

Comment

Pig was straight out of the Reagan playbook, just even more obvious...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

What I am interested in is if Biden leads a new direction of the Democratic Party. Similar to Reagan 40 years ago. It will be something to watch. One could argue that the Clinton era is passing in a way that Obama was not able to accomplish.

It seem that the Republicans are going to continue to bee Trumpist for at least another 2 years if not 4 or 8. If so, I hope (And will work to make sure it happens) that they lose in 2022/2024/etc no matter what direction the Democratic Party goes.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I swore to never vote for a Republican again for anything -during the rampage of the Cheney Bund- unless they denounced the Cheney Bund.

Torture is unamerican.

Comment

I last voted for a Republican in 2008 (Wittman of Virginia). I would say that I now hold other things (especially now with Trump) over Republicans and no longer Cheney/Bush (I know that the consequences of Cheney/Bush are still coming out).

JM
                  (I liked that Wittman voted against the bailout. I now would not support him.)
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I was a solid Republican. When I turned 18 in 1985 my only regret was that I was not born a year earlier so I could vote Reagan. I voted more-or-less straight R tickets up until 2016, when I voted the ticket, except one. I'm originally from New Jersey, I read the local papers, I knew all about That Guy from years back. He couldn't drain the swamp, he was the swamp. After following the BS that ensued for the next two years, I voted local R only, no Federal positions. In 2020 I voted straight D, save one local guy.

To borrow from Reagan: I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It is hard to be a conservative in a world of Trumps and Biden's. I'll miss the pro business low regulation environment, but am happy to see more inclusiveness and statesmanship.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I wish that there was some way to have 3 or 4 parties. I think it is important to have a conservative party in addition to a liberal one. The crazies and reactionaries that are dominant in the current Republican party need to be cut off.

Maybe the only good option going forward is Ranked Choice voting.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• This reply by Docfeelgood has been deleted by self biased
                          Inappropriate for this forum.

1603488071_67187e7733ab3a3d8d2d1fdb5232ec7fa639jpg.jpg

its been over a year now since this thread was started - i was wondering if things still seem so "refreshing".

Comment

Inflation isn't refreshing...the boarder mess isn't refreshing. Uniting the world against aggression IS refreshing. Mixed bag if you ask me.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                            X