President Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    Inflation isn't refreshing...the boarder mess isn't refreshing. Uniting the world against aggression IS refreshing. Mixed bag if you ask me.
    you forgot crime. you forgot "woke". are you forgetting what the "midterms" will be??

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
      you forgot crime. you forgot "woke". are you forgetting what the "midterms" will be??
      Valid points for sure. Wasn't trying to be all inclusive (see what I did there. ). Woke is an incredibly frustrating thing. If anything could be more counter productive to having more inclusiveness I don't know what it could be. Sometimes I wonder if division is the actual goal. It can be used for so many political purposes that it makes you wonder. Not sure if the crime issue is a totally different situation or exactly the same situation. I suspect the latter.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

i was just asking - is this still "refreshing"? i think not.

Comment

I can agree with that!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

so now where do we go? just wait it out 3 more years???

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
              Yeah; it's SO refreshing to see a president w/ his big-boy pants on, trying to do the job.
              I still stand behind this - also, no new torture, no new camps.

AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I still stand behind this - also, no new torture, no new camps.
                I guess that he is "trying" to do the job so hard to argue with you standing behind that. However..."trying" and "doing" are far different in this case.

Agree with no new camps and no torture...although I have little sympathy for those behind the 911 attacks.

Comment

Biden is part of a personal tradition for me going back almost 40 years - I voted against him in the primaries. It's not so much that I'm a fan, y'know, as that the reactionary party hasn't offered an adult of any qualifications to speak of since Bob Dole.

Slime 'Brandon Mashed Potatohead' all you like, but he looks like George Washington next to the electoral collage chimps the people bad-mouthing him minority-voted for for a couple decades now.

Bob Dole was ok, as was the real George Bush - every other Republican president of my entire life -and most of the nominees- was a monstrous failure.
                  AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                  JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Biden is part of a personal tradition for me going back almost 40 years - I voted against him in the primaries. It's not so much that I'm a fan, y'know, as that the reactionary party hasn't offered an adult of any qualifications to speak of since Bob Dole.

Slime 'Brandon Mashed Potatohead' all you like, but he looks like George Washington next to the electoral collage chimps the people bad-mouthing him minority-voted for for a couple decades now.

Bob Dole was ok, as was the real George Bush - every other Republican president of my entire life -and most of the nominees- was a monstrous failure.
                    dont worry - brandon has the Easter Bunny backing him up. all will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                      What does he have to do with crime or woke? You could argue the same for inflation, but that is generally the presidents fault.

Crime seems to be primarily the problem of some (western?) cities which went too far in 2020/2021. I don't see evidence that it is national problem.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post

Valid points for sure. Wasn't trying to be all inclusive (see what I did there. ). Woke is an incredibly frustrating thing. If anything could be more counter productive to having more inclusiveness I don't know what it could be. Sometimes I wonder if division is the actual goal. It can be used for so many political purposes that it makes you wonder. Not sure if the crime issue is a totally different situation or exactly the same situation. I suspect the latter.
                        It seems to me that the 'woke' crowd have created some echo chamber and went running off the deep end.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I voted for Sanders in 2016 and 2020, but the Republicans are mostly (not Romney and a few others) full on reactionaries or enablers who will end our 235 year experiment in democracy.

I thought both McCain and Romney were OK for Republicans. If you recall I wasn't strongly opposed to the Iraq War even after 2004, however, I had realized that compassionate conservatism was a fake and was generally opposed to Republicans since 2002 or so. I voted for a Republican congressman in 2008 but other than that the last time I voted for a Republican was 2000. That will generally be true for the next decade too (other than special cases like the recent recall election, I voted against the recall but for Falconer, who was suggested by Dinner, because the Democratic candidates were not serious (the serious ones had not run because the Democratic Party was united against the recall)).

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by Biden early, however, I am more and more certain that I hope for a new Democratic candidate in 2024. I think Biden will just be too old.

Although if he runs, I expect I will vote for him.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

On the other hand, this was pretty good
                              President Joe Biden debuted a surprisingly witty comedy set at the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner in Washington D.C. Biden poked fun at journalis...

I like the 'horrible plague' comment. I also liked the 'vaccinated and boosted Fox News reporters'.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                                I was pleasantly surprised by Biden early, however, I am more and more certain that I hope for a new Democratic candidate in 2024. I think Biden will just be too old.

Although if he runs, I expect I will vote for him.

JM
                                the easter bunny thanks you for your support.

Comment

Working...
                                X