NFL 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Serious question: Why TF don't the Cowboys sign Kaepernick?
    They're just a competent QB away from the playoffs. I see it as low-cost, low-risk, high upside. And I imagine the fans are desperate enough to put up with it so the PR hit would be minimal.
    IMHO.
    This is an easy one.
    They want to keep their fan base.
    We hate the sonofa*****.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"Dallas Cowboys to start Garrett Gilbert or Cooper Rush at QB against Pittsburgh Steelers"

And they're each like Chip and Dale.
      "After you."
      "No, no. I insist. After you."
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Josh McCown is, I believe, waiting for a call... Oops, never mind. Texans got him....
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Another lousy game by the Bears. Once again penalties and no O-line really hurt them. And now we get Vikings who are playing better, a bye week and then Pack and Lions.

On the bright side, my daughter and her husband had bought a new TV and game me their old 60"!! TV and just brought it over and hooked it up for us. It is my birthday present from them.

Comment

Sweet giftage!

Also: The Bears are - by far - the worst over-.500 team in the NFL. Foles is terrible. I know they've had a lot of key injuries, but they look defeated when they walk onto the field. Another week where the defense did their job and stopped Derrick Henry, but the error-prone offense self-destructed all day (except in garbage time, the only time they can move the ball).

Things are not looking good for The Beloved.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Kaepernick is still available.

Comment

Frankly, after yesterday's performance and with Trubisky on IR, I'd welcome Kaepernick to Chicago with open arms.

Comment

He was never all that when he was active.

Comment

What were you watching? In 3 seasons as starter, he got the Niners to the Super Bowl once and to the NFC championship game another time.
                    Not chopped liver.
                    And WAY better than a lot of the 2nd- and 3rd-stringers we're seeing on the field these days.

Comment

Then the Bears should sign him.
                      Even I think he'd be the best QB the Bears have had in 80 years.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Other than McMahon's leadership skills, I have to agree.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Then the Bears should sign him.
                      Even I think he'd be the best QB the Bears have had in 80 years.

Comment

HOF classhttps://www.nfl.com/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2021-modern-era-semifinalists-manning up for consideration.

Comment

Haskins is available. Cut, not traded.

Comment

Haskins is terrible and his off field behavior doesn't help. But it brings up the point of what happens with Trubisky, Free agent market is lousy and even if they can find a QB in draft he won't be a starter. So its most likely Mitch will be back once again especially if he plays like he has in last few weeks against the Pack, which isn't a given but probably won't affect that decision anyway. Packers need to win to get #1 seed so they will play everyone and Rams look to have lost Goff in their game against Cardinals so Bears chances to get in playoffs went down (not necessarily a bad thing).

Comment

Didn't know whether to make note of this here or in Dead Poil, since his life is basically over, at least as he's known life to be.
                              Mike Richardson, former NFL CB, arrested on murder charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X