NFL 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2020

The NFL Draft starts tomorrow, so it's time for a new thread to address the major issues of the day:
    1) Will there be a 2020 NFL season?
    2) Will the draft telecast ratings be (a) higher because it's the only sports or (b) lower because no one wants to watch a Zoom conference?
    3) Gronk is back, baby!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I hope anyone who catches coronavirus from someone who was at an NFL game sues them to OBLIVION

Comment

1) I'm not sure yet, but even if they do have it I think it will be abbreviated. How about just divisional games?
      2) I think it will be like "The Last Dance". People will watch it because it's the only "sport" on. But Chicago ratings on Thursday will be lower than Dance due to no first round pick.
      3) Who cares. Past his prime anyway. But if TB decides to get rid of O.J. Howard, it would be nice for Bears to get him.

Comment

Two nice picks by the Bears that fit their needs. Best TE on the board and a cornerback that could have gone in the first round. Now they have to wait until tomorrow early afternoon for next pick unless they trade a pick from next year, but I hope they don't do that.

Comment

I was not really thrilled with their picks. If they hadn't thrown all that money at Graham I probably wouldn't have minded. Their second pick didn't bother me, I really want to see an o-line pick or a quick receiver to play on the other side of Robinson. I just hate watching them throw so much prime effort into the TE position. Yes they need help there, but they've proven not to be that great of a judge of the talent there over the last few years and are just looking desperate.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, and they seem to feel the same way about the CB position, since they drafted another one today. The WR pick seems to be a good one, but a bit surprised they didn't go for Fromm or draft on OL. Maybe they will address that with their back to back picks in 7th round.

Comment

Yeah, because you always find reliable O-Linemen in the 7th so of course the Bears took a couple.

You can never have enough d-backs.

And yeah, I was thinking that Fromm was at the top of the best avail list so long I figured they take him.
              Last edited by rah; April 25, 2020, 18:27.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Fromm doesn't have an NFL arm; glad they didn't waste a pick on him. He's a clipboard holder.

Bleacher Report article this afternoon says Bears will not pick up Trubisky's 5th-year option (deadline for that is May 4). So it's make-or-break year for Mitch!
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm fine with the Bears grabbing the best TE in the draft, but I will say I'm a bit mystified about how any team could end up with 10 TE's on the roster at the same time.

Especially when it's clear that they really don't excel at designing plays for that position. It's like they WANT to be clever and get mismatches, but end up sending the target out on the field with a big sign saying, "Trick play going to me!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Fromm doesn't have an NFL arm;
                    Which is why I thought the bears would take him But I'm sure he's accurate
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They've already got Foles in that role...

Cowboys signed Andy Dalton. 1 year, 7 million.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      An excellent signing.

And the bears deny the fifth year option to Trub.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nice schedule. Now to see if they are actually able to play. At least their season is far enough away that they may be able to do so. I doubt NBA and NHL will be able to finish last season and MLB wants to, but they may have to cancel it all together.

Comment

It was interesting to see that most of their divisional games were scheduled later in the season so if the first part is cancelled it will still work.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good planning.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                          X