2018 Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Fantasy Football

It's quickly approaching and slow drafts are just around the corner.

So who do you think will be the #1 pick. Last year, you were better off if you picked second due to an early injury.
    Will that impact your thinking on picking a RB #1?

Let's get the party started.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Agreed. Was just telling mguth tonight, we've hit the 81-game mark and it's July. That can mean only one thing: training camp is just around the corner!

I just pulled up my first list, done a few weeks ago, and my RB1 is Le'Veon. There are 5 RBs in my top tier.

Which means I'll be drafting 7th in all leagues!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, he's my number one also. Definitely want to draft in the top 5
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

in...lemme know if you want the league advertised on other sites like cfc and speak easy

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          in...lemme know if you want the league advertised on other sites like cfc and speak easy
          Something to keep in mind once we start flushing out the different leagues

And yeah JR... I'll probably being drafting 6th in all the leagues
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, time to start thinking about this and getting ready.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

is Chris doing the nfc and afc leagues too?

we got 6 so far

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  It's quickly approaching and slow drafts are just around the corner.

So who do you think will be the #1 pick. Last year, you were better off if you picked second due to an early injury.
                  Will that impact your thinking on picking a RB #1?
                  No. My picks will be good or bad as the universe wills. And then I will mismanage the team to mediocrity regardless.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That's the spirit.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is it going to be our traditional slow draft?
                      Can we at least address draft order?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I am in. Maybe Gurley will fall to me again...
                        Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Let's start by confirming everyone's in for the Poly League. I'm in, plus returning champions Flatlander Fox (yay!). Sloww, Berz, ColdWizard/Thud, rah, and Ming have posted. That's 7. Demondbinder is interested; not in league last year.

Teams & Managers
                          1 Vicious Rabbits - -Jrabbit (commish) - back
                          2 Dallas Dwarf Tossers - Slowwhand - back
                          3 Omaha Steaks - Flatlander Fox - defending champs are back
                          4 Go4Pin - Berzerker - back
                          5 Nimrods - MGuth - probably out
                          6 B1tches B Crazy - Spaced Cowboy - need to contact
                          7 Thud - ColdWizard - back
                          8 South Ballers - BirraImperial - need to contact
                          9 Mingapulcos - Ming - back
                          10 DA Ferrets - rah - back

So we need to contact/confirm with Spaced Cowboy and BirraImperial. If he doesn't post, I'll check with mguth when I see him this Friday.

Once we lock down managers, we can get into the mechanics of scheduling.

FYI to all: I'm commish by default, but I'd be VERY open to someone else taking on that task. It's really only a commitment during the draft; the season kind of runs itself at this point. Love doing it, but I commish 2 slow draft leagues, and it adds up. Tends to cut into my billable hours, so I'd really love to see someone jump into that role.

Last year's draft started Aug 18 and finished Aug 31. First day of season was Thurs, Sept 7.
                          2018 first game is Thurs, Sept 6. Thus, the draft should start Thursday, August 17.
                          Last edited by -Jrabbit; July 29, 2018, 01:42.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I left a message for Birra at cfc

Comment

Birra said he'll play, he's at cfc but I told him the draft will be here

Comment

Working...
                              X