No announcement yet.

2018 Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the draft order? Who gets the short list?

J

Comment

Let's get this on the road. Thursday is just a few days away. FOOTBALL
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought it was supposed to start last Thursday. How long between picks? 8 hours?

J

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Planning to start draft this Thursday, August 16.

4 hours between picks (no time limit until Round 3). 6 hours for the double-pick sequences on the serpentine turnaround.
          Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 13, 2018, 23:25. Reason: It's 4 hours, not 2 hours between picks. Oops, my bad.

Sorry, guys; I've been on the road the past couple days for work. I'll start the official league thread and set the draft order in the next day or so.
        Official draft start is set for this Thursday 8/16 (start of week 2 preseason games).
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

clean out the inboxes and post if you dont want messages

Comment

What is the default? Do we get top player on the Yahoo list or get bypassed?

J

Comment

bapay - best available player at yahoo
              base on needed positions if applicable

I dont know if we use projected or last year's stats for offense, defenders get bapayed based on last year because projections are useless

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, we use last year's points for offense because people hate rookies.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I thought it was best available player according to Yahoo.

Can we later change a BAPAY to another player that has not been taken yet? If so, for how long?

J

Comment

it is, but the best depends on the filter ie last years stats or this years projections

yes, bapays can be exchanged up to 1 round later or something like that

we try very hard to avoid bapays

Comment

We use a system we call "intelligent BAPAY." Basically, you get the best player available at a position of need. You have one round (10 picks) to change a BAPAY to any available player, but anyone drafted in the interim stays with whatever team got them. We also strive to avoid injured/suspended/retired players, and avoid bye week conflicts within reason.

We do use "2017 Season (total)" stats to determine BAPAYs, sorting by Rankings/Actual on offense and by Fantasy Points for defenders.

This will all be a lot more clear when I start up the league thread. Guess I need to make time for that tonight. Stay tuned.
                      Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 13, 2018, 22:44.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The draft thread is posted. Next is draft order.

I have sent a random-order list of league managers to two members (Sloww and FF) for confirmation. This will be the seed list used to generate the draft order.

All we need now is a list of integers (1-10), again in a random order. I recommend going to random.org and using Sequence Generator (values 1-10). First list posted is the one we will use.

Aaannd...GO!

Comment

I am at work, so I will let Slowww take care of it since the site is moving very slow for me.

I think I am the only player from Europe, and I will try to leave a list, but if I am going to get BAPAYed I have one rule:

No NFC West players that are not Rams.
                          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

You two are just list holders, so it can be confirmed I'm not cheating when I set the draft order.

We just need someone else to post a random integer list (1-10).

Comment

How's this. Using SAS random number function
                              random order of numbers 1-10

number
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X