College Football 2016 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2016 season

The College Football thread seems to have died. All I get is a blue screen.
    Is everybody else having that problem?

For now, I've locked the dead thread.
    Might as well continue the conversation here unless the old thread can be fixed.
    At least it only had 16 or so posts.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Yeah was having the same problem. Tried it in Chrome and IE, and even safari. Couldn't get it to come up no matter what.

I'm pretty sure it was because of whatever Tuberksi said.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
      Yeah was having the same problem. Tried it in Chrome and IE, and even safari. Couldn't get it to come up no matter what.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yes, I was having problems also.
        Maybe if you make 8 posts in a row, it breaks it.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post

It was deep, thoughtful and would have changed your life.

I bet.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

So I'd posted my top 4 for the playoff positions as of now:

1. Alabama
            2. Ohio State
            3. Florida State
            4. Stanford or Houston or Notre Dame (I don't think the OT loss to TX kills their playoff chances at all)

Since Stanford only played 1 game so far, hard to judge. Their offense looked pretty shaky, but they're playing USC this week and that will be the true test. If they lose, I think the Pac's only other chance of a playoff team is Washington, and I bet they lose at least one game. Hopefully the Oregon game

But it is getting a bit boring to see Alabama always so dominant.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Weird. Dunno what you did to the thread Tubes.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Driving for some errands today, heard FSU draw withing 14-10 of Louisville in Q2 and said, well, that lead will be short-lived.

Back in the car an hour later and it was 49-10.

Stunning.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The 63-20 Louisville victory is the worst loss by a #2 ranked team in NCAA history. The Cardinals QB had over 140 yards rushing.
                  Last edited by Boris Godunov; September 19, 2016, 13:32.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The Big 12 problems... FSU getting beat... ND out of the rankings...
                    A GREAT WEEK!
                    (too bad the Illini got smoked by small school team)
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Woot! On Wisconsin!

Can I get excited yet? That's two top ten teams they've taken down.

Problem is they are at #4 Michigan next week and home against #2 OSU the following week.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Oregon's program is on the decline, that's for sure. Helfrich is in over his head, they need to cut him loose soon to not prolong the nosedive.

Tennessee just beat Florida for the first time in what, 11 years? And they were down 21-3 at halftime. Pretty impressive.

Congrats to Wisky, yes. They demolished MSU, it wasn't really ever close.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, thought he did a great job, HOWEVER

Update, 4:10 p.m.: Les Miles is out as football coach at LSU, and so is his offensive coordinator.

Multiple sources told The Advocate that Miles and Cam Cameron were fired Sunday, a day after LSU, ranked No. 5 in the preseason Top 25, fell to 2-2 with an 18-13 loss at Auburn. It's the worst start to a season since Miles took over in 2005.

Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron will be introduced to the team as LSU’s interim coach at a 5 p.m. meeting, a source said. Orgeron and LSU deputy athletic director Verge Ausberry were seen entering the football operations complex at 3:35 p.m. Ausberry declined comment.

The decision to oust Cameron and Miles was made Sunday afternoon in a discussion involving LSU athletic director Joe Alleva, school president F. King Alexander and other university leaders. A source said Miles met with Alleva between 2:30-3:30 p.m. and took the news of his dismissal well. Alleva was seen being driven to the LSU football complex at 3:40 p.m.

An official announcement is expected Sunday evening. Alleva will hold a news conference sometime Monday.

RELATED

Timeline of Les Miles' memorable career as LSU head coach, from national title games to flirting with Michigan
                          Timeline of Les Miles' memorable career as LSU head coach, from national title games to flirting with Michigan
                          Multiple sources told The Advocate that Les Miles was fired Sunday, a day after LSU, ranked …
                          There was no immediate word on who would assume Cameron's play calling duties. First-year wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig has been an offensive coordinator, as has tight ends coach and former LSU quarterback Steve Ensminger. Offensive line coach Jeff Grimes, who serves as LSU's running game coordinator, is also a potential candidate.

With the loss to Auburn, LSU is now 12-10 in its past 22 games against "Power Five" conference teams and 4-5 in its past nine games overall.

Miles has a hefty buyout of $12.9 million but, many believe, the sum is reduced by the salary he has made already for this calendar year. Miles makes $4.3 million per year, and his staff is the nation’s highest-paid at a combined total of $5.471 million per year. Of that, Cameron is paid $1.2 million per year after receiving a new three-year contract in March running through the 2018 season.

Cameron’s contract still includes the so-called “Miles clause,” meaning he would be owed only six month’s salary if Miles were terminated.

LSU President F. King Alexander nixed a plan in November to fire Miles at the end of last season, following a sudden and dramatic three-game losing streak, the program’s first since 1999. The Tigers started 2016 in a similar way, with a team that has struggled offensively without mass production from banged-up running back Leonard Fournette.

RELATED

Rabalais: For LSU coach Les Miles, perhaps 'fate has decided enough is enough' after Auburn debacle
                          Rabalais: For Les Miles, perhaps 'fate has decided enough is enough' after Auburn debacle
                          AUBURN, Ala. — It looks like The Hat is running out of magic.
                          LSU (2-2, 1-1 Southeastern Conference) opened the season with a 16-14 loss to Wisconsin at Lambeau Field, the program’s first defeat in a season opener since 2002. The Tigers beat Jacksonville State and Mississippi State, surviving a near late collapse against the Bulldogs, before Saturday's loss at Auburn (2-2, 1-1). LSU hosts Missouri at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in Tiger Stadium.

LSU scored one offensive touchdown in each of its two losses, and Cameron’s unit failed to score in the fourth quarter through four games, the only Football Bowl Subdivision program to have done that. The Tigers rank 119th out of 128 FBS teams in passing yards, 111th in total offense and 110th in scoring offense.

With two sophomore first-year starters at quarterback, LSU’s passing offense ranked 116th (2014) and 106th (2015) nationally. The team has struggled to field a consistent passing attack since quarterback Zach Mettenberger left after the 2013 season, Cameron's first with the team. The program changed quarterbacks this season, inserting Danny Etling for the struggling Brandon Harris after the first five quarters of the season.

Miles, who turns 63 in November, had a highly successful first 11 years in Baton Rouge, specifically his first seven seasons. He has an overall record of 114-34 and a winning percentage of 77.0 percent, tops among LSU coaches since the school joined the SEC in 1933. He is 62-28 in SEC games, a winning percentage of 68.9 percent, and led the Tigers to a bowl game in each of his first 11 seasons, going 7-4.

The Tigers won the 2007 BCS national championship and SEC title and repeated as conference champions in 2011 before losing in the national title game — a disheartening 21-0 loss to Alabama and former coach Nick Saban. Miles’ program has seen a gradual decline since that game.

His Tigers went 8-0 in SEC play in 2011, 6-2 in 2012, 5-3 in 2013, 4-4 in 2014 and 5-3 in 2015. Last year’s team started 7-0 and 4-0 in SEC play and was No. 2 in the initial College Football Playoff rankings before the three-game losing skid.

The losses were not close: 30-16 at Alabama, 31-14 to Arkansas and 38-17 at Ole Miss. It was the first time since 1966 the Tigers had lost three consecutive games by double digits. The loss to Alabama, the SEC’s dominant football program, was LSU’s fifth straight in the annual series and sixth straight overall.

RELATED

'I thought we won': Auburn staves off LSU's late rally, stuffing Tigers' sloppy offense on wacky ending
                          'I thought we won': Auburn staves off LSU's late rally, stuffing Tigers' sloppy offense on wacky ending
                          AUBURN, Ala. – This was no dream at Jordan-Hare Stadium. It was a nightmare.
                          Criticism in recent years was also leveled at the coach for his run-heavy, conservative style of offense and lack of quarterback development, something that reared its head to open this season.

Miles and Cameron benched Harris in favor of Etling in the past two games. The Purdue transfer is 40-of-71 for 433 yards. He threw for just 118 yards Saturday against Auburn, another head-shaking performance from an offense featuring preseason Heisman Trophy favorite Fournette and a host of four- and five-star signees.

That has been another quandary for LSU under Miles over the past half-decade: He has mostly thrived on the recruiting trail, only to have those highly touted players lack production on the field. LSU has signed four straight top-six classes, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.

The offense, specifically the passing attack, has been under fire recently.

The 118 passing yards against Auburn continued an unsettling trend. LSU has been held under 150 passing yards in 17 of the past 30 games, a startling figure for modern day college football. Entering a Week 2 game against Jacksonville State, LSU averaged 169.3 yards passing per game over the past two seasons. That was lower than all but two "Power Five" conference teams: Boston College and triple-option squad Georgia Tech.

Miles indicated throughout much of the offseason that he would incorporate change into LSU’s offense but, despite a higher percentage of passes, the production hasn’t improved.
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

LSU is almost as dumb as Illinois. I wonder who they settle for once they realize Jimbo Fisher isn't leaving FSU for a school that just fired a national championship-winning coach.

Comment

Eh, the problem with Les Miles is not that he got fired but that he stayed on as long as he did. We both know how many games Les Miles won... somehow?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X