No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be my best expectation also. Trading Butler and keeping Rose would make me lose interest quickly.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Congrats to Cleveland, finally a close game.

Kyrie was clutch ... and that block by James was ridiculous.

Comment

Congrats to LeBron, Kyrie, and the city of Cleveland.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And here I thought the NHL was terribly corrupt.

I guess since you posted this twice, a third time is only appropriate.
          I should have expected that a butthurt Jordan would pull strings. This is a very sad day. It was a great series until the NBA decided that LeBron had to win.

Sad. At least Duncan got his 5th.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Comment

Again, that they would suspend someone in the finals for touching Lebron turns the NBA into a colossal joke.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yah ... who could imagine hitting someone in the groin could get a flagrant 1 ... and then they made Steph and Klay miss a lot of shots, and Iggy to let Lebron block his layup, and then asked Kyrie to hit a contested 3 ... THE FIX IS IN

Comment

Ben's reaction -- as sad as it was predictable. But at least he stepped it up to a full NBA conspiracy instead of just blaming the officiating.

Tell me again how the league got Klay and Steph to clank all those shots tonight.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Classy people congratulate the winners.
                    Losers whine and make excuses.

No surprise which way ben went.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Curry refused to use his physical ailments and limitations as an excuse ("I was out there, ready to play," Curry said). Green accepted responsibility for allowing the season to go on longer than it needed by getting into that exchange with James that turned around this series ("I blame myself for everything. That's just who I am," Green said). And Kerr, even at his lowest Sunday night, still tried to keep the whole experience in perspective.

"You know, we've had so many moments of joy together," Kerr said, "and it was like, 'Wow, we're actually having a moment of sorrow as a team.' It's a great reminder that, first of all, it's not easy to win a championship. But … it's life. Things happen. You move on."
                      BK could learn a few lessons from these guys...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The Warriors and their fans (in the arena) were very classy about it all

I don't know if Steph's health was an issue in the finals, he seemed to have lateral quickness, good elevation, and speed up and down the court. But it was clear the injury had disrupted the roll they were on as a team up to that point. They never got back to playing with the same precision and consistency after that.

Comment

• Damn, Ben is the voice of reason in this thread? The NBA totally suspended Green for Game 5 to try to push the series to a Game 7. Congrats to Cleveland for winning once they got there, but they got a lot of help.

Comment

• The flagrant foul gave Green his fourth flagrant foul point of the playoffs, which carries an automatic suspension.

It's his own fault, NOT the NBA's. The suspension was AUTOMATIC. Maybe he shouldn't have been swinging at a players balls... or any of the other actions that lead to the other 3 fragrant fouls. In his own words "I blame myself for everything. That's just who I am" Even he's not making excuses... He's not blaming the NBA, only the whiners are.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It wasn't a flagrant foul until the NBA upgraded it after the game. They did so because they wanted Green out for Game 5 so Golden State didn't close the series out at home.

In contrast, Green didn't get suspended for kicking poor Steven Adams in the dick in the Western Conference Finals because the NBA didn't want Oklahoma City to close the series out in five.

Comment

• So kicking a guy in the balls is worth more than a flagrant 2 and should have been a suspension ... yet hitting a guy in the balls is worth less than a flagrant 1 and shouldn't even be allowed to trigger a points suspension ... that's really your argument?

Comment

Working...
                                X