No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole "best franchise" thing is just bizarre -- your answer to a question no one was asking.
    Arguing that the Spurs are not a dynasty (with Duncan with the 5 ringz), but the Bulls are, seems strange to me.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Who was arguing that? Certainly not me. I thought we were discussing Tim Duncan.

Also, please note that "dynasty" and "best franchise" are entirely different things.

If you do have a point, please try to make it clearly.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        The 17 Celtic championships have beaten out 221 teams, which is a significant gap up on the Bulls having 6 of their own. But 8 Bulls championships > 17 Celtic Championships.
        This is probably one of the stupidest things ever said by anybody here.

Only in Benland is 8 championships better than 17. What a moron.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Only in Benland is 8 championships better than 17. What a moron.
          30 teams >> 8 teams.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

A championship is a championship.
            You can only play who you have to play.

One could argue that the talent was concentrated in only 8 teams, so the 8 teams were tougher than a diluted league of 30 teams...
            But no, I'm not going to argue that. I'm simply going to argue that 17 championships is better than 8.

And last time I checked my math, 17 was more than 8.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

One could argue that the talent was concentrated in only 8 teams, so the 8 teams were tougher than a diluted league of 30 teams...
              But no, I'm not going to argue that. I'm simply going to argue that 17 championships is better than 8.
              Unsurprisingly, the two teams that won the most in the era have the most championships.

Comment

Game 6 was a good game, but disappointing in the end because of how OKC played. The Warriors were shooting lights out in the 4th, but OKC gave the game away with very poor offensive execution down the stretch. They were fumbling the ball away every time down the court, were making terrible passes, and their best offensive plays down the stretch were offensive rebounds of terrible shots, one an airball "pass".

The important record is 87-13. The Warriors could get more wins, but won't have as high a winning % as they've already lost 14 games. Even if they did win game 7 and sweep Cleveland ... 89-14 isn't as good as 87-13. With the way they are playing now, I wouldn't say they are even favored over Cleveland. The Bulls never left any doubt that whole season. Not one series was even slightly in doubt.

Comment

The changes to the playoffs also favor the Warriors. Gives them an extra win against a weak opponent, and then no 2-3-2 format for the finals... which tend to favor the underdog (through 5 games) much more than 2-2-1-1-1. The Bulls probably would have beat Seattle 4-1 with that format.

Comment

Well the Warriors redeemed themselves... Congrats on coming back from being down in the series.

Now the story line is, will the repeat, or will Cleveland actually win a championship in something
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, looks like LeBron is the odd man out. Maybe he'll come play for coach Pop.

Comment

OKC is probably the most talent-deep team in the league (full roster, 1-12), but once they gagged in G6 at home, they were pretty much doomed. It's a damn shame. Nothing against the Warriors, but I was hoping for the OKC-CLE matchup -- just to guarantee that one of those franchises would finally win a championship.

Having dodged a bullet with the Curry injury, Golden State will be very confident, and rightly so. Listening to the analysts, Cleveland might as well not bother showing up. But LeBron - who has played in the finals 6 straight years - was basically on his own last year and took it to 6 games. In the rematch, he'll have Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to help out.

My hope is Cleveland in 7.
                        My prediction is Golden State in 6.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Golden State probably in 4. Looks like they are back on track.

Comment

I think it will be a close series, with close games for the most part. I would pick Cleveland in 6. Golden State has been so inconsistent so far in the playoffs. They got away with that against OKC ... because OKC is even more inconsistent, especially in 4th quarters. Cleveland (or even the Spurs) wouldn't have let them through such a series.

If GS plays as well as they've shown they're capable of, I think their best is better than Cleveland's best. But not by a lot.

Comment

Is 33 points a lot?
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Are you claiming that was Cleveland's best?

Comment

Working...
                                X