NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF really rose and fell quickly.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Justin Smith will retire too, it seems.

Somewhere, Darnell Dockett is scratching his head...

Comment

Bring back the dark ages for the Niners I say.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Jeremy Maclin re-joining Andy Reid in KC as the dismantling of the Eagles continues...

49ers lose Justin Smith and Patrick Willis to retirement, Frank Gore to free agency, and possible Kaepernick trade rumors? No one's a fan of the new coach?

Frank Gore was signing with the Eagles but made an abrupt change. More money offered by Indy? Worries over the Eagles being a 2-14 team next year headlining Mark Sanchez, Riley Cooper, and an Oregon Ducks jersey on offense?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Also, Mike Iupati has joined the Cardinals... It's going to be a struggle to dress 45 guys on gameday at this rate...

Meanwhile, the Patriots are letting Revis and Browner go. Revis might return, but Browner is a goner for sure.

Comment

Seahawks trade Max Unger and a 1st rounder for Jimmy Graham

I guess Pete Carroll does need somebody to throw to when he's on the 1 yard line
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Very weird first day of free agency. All my Whodat and Frisco friends are on the ledge.

Also -- Has any Super Bowl champion ever let both its starting CBs walk away - and with no compensation?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Browner was serviceable but no long-term solution. It sucks that Revis went back to the Jets though...

At least the Patriots still have Malcolm Butler...

Comment

Think the Pats will actually sign Harvin?
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

They did OK with a previous cancer known as Moss...
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

There's been worse than Moss.
                        He might be herpes, but not cancer.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Think the Pats will actually sign Harvin?
                          I'd love to see an underpaid Harvin outperform an overpaid Revis, but signing Harvin would likely mean getting rid of Amendola.

Things worked out w/ Moss, but they didn't w/ Ochocinco. Still, the prospect of Gronk + Edelman + Harvin is intriguing...

Comment

I'd been hoping Helu would be the Vereen replacement, but oh well.

Revis...can't say I'm surprised, and once Browner was given the option to look around I kind of figured it would happen, but again...oh well.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Is Harvin considered a cancer? I wasn't aware of him doing anything wrong but be injured all the time.

Comment

There were reports of problems while he was in Seattle: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/10/18...ell-wilson-nfl

Comment

Working...
                                X