No announcement yet.

IDP discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a silly and random thing. My draft day projections were to go 2-12 and finish last.

My starting line-up week 1:
    Robert Griffin
    Jordy Nelson
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Zac Stacy
    Frank Gore
    Jimmy Graham
    Pierre Thomas
    Dan Bailey
    Jarius Byrd
    Eric Berry
    JJ Watt
    Jedeveon Clowney
    Justin Houston

7 of those players won't play a snap the rest of the season. See: dumb luck.

Comment

• My draft day projections turned out to be pretty accurate but I've been rather fortunate with players outplaying expectations making up for the few major injuries and underperformers. I still have 9 of my 13 week 1 starters. Of the 4 missing, 2 are on IR, 1 is still available on the waiver wire, and the other was out for 5 weeks.

This will be my first fantasy playoffs but it's been all gravy since week 8.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• contrasting with Greadius going 8-6 despite being outscored overall).
        Greadius' closest win was over me. So it was either Greadius or me.

Also, if I only had kept DeMarco Murray... *sigh*.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Not getting much drama here. The obvious best team Coldwiz is crushing in his semifinals. Sorry to Greadius good Eli actually showed up. Looks like Jag survives thanks to Beckham and Roethlisberger.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Jaguar Takes a Knee

I thought it would be best to post this now, while the fantasy football crowd is still active. Next week, I'll play for my last Apolyton league championship; I don't expect to play fantasy football here in 2015.

I've enjoyed playing with you for the last ten seasons. In that time, though, I've gotten ten years older. I have different priorities than I did when I was sixteen. I would blame a busy work schedule as if it's a bad thing, but the truth is I really like my job. The 2014 and 2016 U.S. elections will bring even more opportunities next year. I need to be ready for them.

I also have some personal priorities. I'm not married, and I'd like to be. I'm uncertain when or how this will change, but I suspect that time spent in front of computers won't help.

In that context, fantasy football is less worthwhile for me right now. By all means, it's a great game. It teaches you humility; nothing shuts up a know-it-all sports fan like drafting Matt Leinart and Ted Ginn in the same year. It also teaches you about the actual game played on the field, which I probably love as much as I ever have. But at this point, I think I've gotten most of what I can out of fantasy football. I've won a dozen leagues and lost dozens more. I've been 15-0 and I've been 4-10. (One guess as to which was the Matt Leinart team.) A lot of decisions now are on autopilot for me, like playing the main line of the Nimzo-Indian Defense in chess, or any other thing I've done a hundred times. It's time to move on.

Fantasy football has been good to me. I have other games to win. Good luck next year, friends, and don't draft receivers from Jacksonville.

- Alan
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• It's been my distinct pleasure to compete with you, sir. Well done.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Really? Sorry to see you go Jag.

Comment

• its been nice Jag

it aint over till the fat lady sings

Comment

• Congratulations, Jag. A close game but in the end a little to much Adam Jones. I wish you luck in your non-fantasy sports endeavors.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Thanks guys!
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• It's been great playing with you, Jag. Congrats!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                        X