No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, but I don't understand why he bothers to play. He either does good and crows or he does badly and claims he did well because he changed the rules.
    On second thought, never mind since this seems to be the same method he uses when he tries to debate.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• New York in 7

Comment

• So if this - making all picks before playoffs start - was "playing survivor style," it seems safe to say that what you did in the NFL playoff picks - picking one round and stopping - was not.
        Uh, I did the same exact thing in both. What part of 'survivor style' is hard to understand? I make the picks at the start and I don't switch.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Agreed, but I don't understand why he bothers to play. He either does good and crows or he does badly and claims he did well because he changed the rules.
          On second thought, never mind since this seems to be the same method he uses when he tries to debate.
          Now why might I not want to cheer for teams like Chicago, LA, San Jose, the Rangers and Boston?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Because you're a douche. Even as survivor style you sucked. Stop wasting the rest of our time.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Making picks isn't cheering for a team.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Yeah. I picked Boston at the beginning to win it all and it wasn't because I'd be rooting for them.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm not a big hockey fan, but I love playoff hockey, so when I do this, i really don't know the teams all that well. I picked Chicago mostly because they won last year.

I do take delight in all the Canadian teams being eliminated.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Uh, I did the same exact thing in both. What part of 'survivor style' is hard to understand? I make the picks at the start and I don't switch.
                    Interesting that you made no mention of your alleged "survivor" approach in the NFL playoff picks. In fact, you were constantly posting the first week, putting up the standings and crowing about going 4-0 in the wild card round. You were the first to make your picks for divisional weekend - clearly NOT "making all picks at the start" but waiting for first week's results and then making your picks for the next round immediately. Then you went 1-3 in the divisional round and changed your tune -- three weeks later claiming that you "always" play "survivor style." But you never picked conference champs or a Super Bowl winner.

Definitely NOT "the exact same thing" you did in the hockey picks.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• La in 6
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• My finals picks were chi pit, so no points there.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          watching the game with dad

I wish I could still do that.
                          I only ever watched one hockey game with my dad, and that was the 1980 Olympic gold medal game, early on a Sunday morning. (Dad is not a hockey fan.)

ACK!

Comment

• Good game to be the one.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well, after we beat the Russians, we almost had to watch it.

ACK!

Comment

• oh that wasn't the russian game?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X