Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Yeah, real plausible deniability there.
    I still can't even guess why you think that quote is specifically about you. I've always thought that it applied to all the posters that look like morons because of what they post. If you think you are one of those, then I guess it is aimed at you as well as others...

A distinction you never made in the actual post, but a distinction you made after the fact.
    Only because morons like you wanted to interpret it that way. It's not my fault that you don't understand the concept of context.

So does that mean your allegations of pedophilia are backed up with substantial sources?
    One indeed can wonder due to your strong support of the church on this issue...

Uh, the Church is required to report pedophiles to the police. It's always been the policy of the Church to cooperate with government officials. The problem is false allegations and prosecution of innocent priests. There have been plenty of studies done and pedophilia among Catholic priests is no greater than that of school teachers. I'm fine with the same reporting policies being used on the Catholic church, what I am not ok with is greater scrutiny and presumption of guilt.
    Interesting that this is your position now. In the past, you were on record for claiming that the Church answers to god, not local authorities.
    The fact that Church not only didn't report these cases, but went to great lengths to cover them up is a terrible thing. And you have supported their actions.... especially with your claims that the church answered to god and not the local authorities.

I still do not understand why you interpreted that action in this fashion. It was a lot of work to co-ordinate it. I expected to see a pic of you guys out golfing and having a great day. That is all I ever expected or hoped for. Now all three of you are enemies. It's a sad tale of something that could have been different.
    I personally dislike you because of you intellectual dishonesty, your lies, your bigoted posts, your trolling, and the fact that you have screwed me in the past. That's a lot to make up for... Your actions are at the heart of my dislike of you.

It's not my claim. It's in Romans. Right there in the good book. Unrepentant sinners go to hell.
    Yes... feel free to hide your bigotry behind religion. People like you usually do.

Even just looking at FFZ, I had been in 3 leagues with them successfully. I had four opportunities to screw you guys and I did have and continue to have a solid record of full participation. I've never left a football draft ever. If I was out to screw you guys, why did I do it then? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    You keep wanting to make the distinction between football and baseball fantasy. Using your own numbers (I have no clue how many leagues you were actually in) you screwed us 25% of the time. Not a good track record. If your brakes failed on your car 25% of the time, would you trust them?

That would be an argument in favor of reinstatement. I've been successful in the years since. If, as you said, you were correct that I was unreliable, you've been proven wrong.
    Maybe you have learned your lesson, maybe you haven't. Maybe you will quit in the next draft... who knows. The fact is, you have quit in the past.

Ok. So why would that make me more unreliable than someone who's had to pull out of one league in ten?
    You keeping trying to equate pulling out of league during the sign up process to quitting in the middle of the draft.
    No matter how many leagues you have played in, there is still that percentage due to the time you did quit.

To me, even that low percentage is unacceptable. And at FFZ, it wasn't a low percentage... It was 25%, based on your numbers.

Then so does my successful participation in the other 10 leagues establish that I am a reliable player.
    No... that's still a 9% failure rate. Again, I wouldn't a tolerate a 9% failure in anything.

At the end of the day you have to admit that I've never left a football league. Not before, not after.
    True enough... but you have to admit you did quit a fantasy league. And that's a fact.

When someone goes out of his way to post crap about me, I'm supposed to interpret that as someone who's my friend? I'm sorry, I wasn't born yesterday. Nothing's forcing Rah to get involved and post stuff about me. I don't go out of my way to post stuff about rah. A bigger question for me is why. Why do the both of you feel compelled to attack me all the time? It didn't used to be like this. I don't really post all that much, tbh.
    Gee... He mentioned in a pic em thread about your quitting them before the play offs are over. Which is indeed true...
    You on the other hand just made crap up about him being involved in your removal from fantasy leagues, which he was never involved in.

He tells a truth, and you tell a lie... I'll let posters themselves decide which is worse.

He posted about me, not the other way around, Ming.
    Do you deny that you have stopped making picks in past playoff pic em pools?
    People have the right to make fun of you for that. Unless you want to lie yet again and deny that you ever did.

Why? I can't fathom a guess why you feel a fantasy FFZ league from years ago has any relevance to Poly.
    One more time... Do you deny that you have stopped making picks in past playoff pic em pools? It is indeed relevant in a pick em pool thread.

I bet you can't even list the actual rosters that participated!
    Gee... I would think you know Yahoo better than that... it keeps historical record of fantasy leagues... and who was in them.

I'm the most famous member of that year. It's probably my most famous draft. That is how blown out of proportion it's gotten. You would think the actual players in the league would get talked about more.
    Well.. you are famous. Or I should say infamous. To date, you are THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS EVER QUIT A FANTASY LEAGUE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRAFT.

So why wasn't I welcomed when I saved you from your own screw job? Like Berz said, you were doing me a favor by deigning to allow me to participate in your holy fantasy baseball league.
    You were allowed in the league... It was your whining and quitting that earned you the bad treatment.

I rest my case.
    And I rest mine... With the cases being presented, I would have no trouble taking this one to a jury... How about you?

You've heard Berz. You were doing me a favor and you were actually appreciative of the other player in the way that you were not appreciative of me. Open and shut. I've said for a long time that things are different for me.
    Yep... they are different for you. You are the one that quit. Nobody dumped on you prior to your whining and quitting. That all came after your actions.
    Open and shut.

What? That I'm a good and reliable fantasy football player? Why should one baseball league overshadow 10 other leagues?
    Do the math... a 9% screw the league rate. Not very good.

Then so was I. Arguing "I had time to think and consider", not really. There wasn't much time and you were tight up on Opening day before I even got asked. If I wanted to screw you guys over, why did I say no, twice? Wouldn't it have made more sense for me to accept right away and then do it? I said no twice because I'm not much of a baseball fan and didn't know the players. I would have been picking mostly at random and had little to contribute to the competitive balance of the league. Now it comes out that you thought you were doing me a favor? Wow, just wow. That's pretty arrogant on your parts.
    Only Berz has been attributed to the doing you a favor stuff. I've never claimed that and for you to imply I did is a simple lie.
    It doesn't really matter that you said no twice. The fact is, you did say yes, you were allowed in the league, and then you quit and screwed us.
    For you to wonder why people didn't like that, that's pretty arrogant or stupid on your part.

Then why did Berz say he felt like he was doing ME a favor and not the other way around? If you were truly desperate, you would have appreciated me joining.
    Even though I wasn't thrilled about it, I did appreciate the fact that we had the right number of people to play... you were allowed into the league... but then you turned around and screwed us by quitting.

So at the end of the day... all the smoke and mirrors you are tying to pull doesn't change the fact that you quit.

And you claim all you want about how dependable you are, but you are a 9% quitter in Fantasy Leagues.
    Something you can't deny.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You guys need a hobby.

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      but you are a 9% quitter in Fantasy Leagues.
      BK is the 9%!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Poly is a hobby
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          Poly is a hobby
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The reason I did not accept your gift was because I didn't want to be beholden to you for anything. I did not respect you at the time, and my judgement there seems to have been spot on.
            So how does that warrant Ming's accusation that the gift was bribery? It wasn't just from me.

The true reason for a gift is to give, not take credit for having given it.
            JR insisted that I put my name onto the gift along with everyone else's. I would have preferred my name to be entirely left off.

Yet you have mentioned giving the gift so many times here it does bring your motive into question.
            After Ming accused me of bribery?

How would you feel if you did something nice for someone and they flung it back in your face! And then accused you of bribery!! Damn straight it's gonna get talked about.

You could have written me a PM staying that you felt uncomfortable accepting the gift. I never got one from you or any sort of acknowledgement that the gift had even arrived until after JR chased it down. Why didn't you just PM me back? Why did Ming accuse me of Bribery?

You continually try to paint yourself as a good person just because you gave a gift.
            When you make character assassinations about me in RL? Absolutely, rah. It's gonna come up until you and Ming apologize for your shoddy ****-ass classless response.

That's not how it works.
            Then why did you choose to attack my overall character?

I even didn't want to make a deal out of not using your gift as to not hurt the feelings of those involved at the time, but your subsequent continual need to bring it up changed my thoughts on that.
            Then why didn't you call ming out when he accused me of bribery? If you felt that the accusation was unwarranted and misrepresented your feelings on the matter? Surely, if you felt that the gift wasn't appropriate, you could have stood up to him and said, "no, this is not right. He meant well."

If it was truly meant as a simple thank you, then PLEASE don't continually bring it up as proof that you are a good guy and we owe you something because you gave it.
            Then have Ming apologize for accusing me of bribery. And you for the constant attacks here on Poly. Let's have peace on this whole matter. Stop with the character assassinations here.

Just more confirmation of why I thought it was better not to accept it. I owe you nothing and the gift was no proof of your character.
            So are you saying I owe FFZ fantasy no apology either?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• whatever, mister nine percenter
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                That's actually a violation of your powers as a league commish too, sharing private communications you receive in your official capacity.
                Just for the record, I was not commish when you sent that PM.
                You just can't resist lying, can you?

I really think it's pathological.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'll tell you what bennie... If you apologize to all the people you have made rude comments too, told lies about, made bigoted comments toward, insulted, people you have trolled, and people you have quit on, THEN I will apologize to you for the bribe comment.

I won't hold my breath...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I'm preemptively accepting his apology.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• pre-emptively implies that he will do so... we all know that's not going to happen.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Not necessarily. We preemptively invaded Iraq. This is like that. I'm stopping a madman.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• OK

I stand corrected.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Thank you for your cooperation.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I still can't even guess why you think that quote is specifically about you
                              Yeah, gee. Apparently I'm the only one who drew that connection.

Only because morons like you wanted to interpret it that way. It's not my fault that you don't understand the concept of context.
                              I had to reread the post to make sure I understood it correctly. You said nothing about the prosecutor until after.

One indeed can wonder due to your strong support of the church on this issue...
                              Well then. So you think it's ok to base your accusations on this? Wow. That's a pretty low bar.

Interesting that this is your position now. In the past, you were on record for claiming that the Church answers to god, not local authorities.
                              I stated that I believed the priests when convicted should be locked up in their order not in jail with the general population. Not the least of which is because when convicted they will face a stiffer penalty within the order than they would in jail. The average is something like 3 years and they would be out for those successfully convicted of pedophilia if they were put in jail. Does that seem sufficient to you? After they get out they would not be subject to further scrutiny. Inside their order they would be there for life.

There has been some bishops who have abused ecclesiastical privilege, folks like Rembert Weakland. For someone who's so concerned about the issue, I've never seen you name the actual bishops involved in the coverup. This is a concern. All of them are now gone. The problem isn't so much the incidence rates, but the collaboration of folks like Weakland to protect the pedophile priests from both ecclesiastical and secular scrutiny. That is why the crisis was as bad as it was, and worse in certain dioceses than others.

And you have supported their actions.... especially with your claims that the church answered to god and not the local authorities.
                              Where have I supported Weakland?

I personally dislike you because of you intellectual dishonesty, your lies, your bigoted posts, your trolling, and the fact that you have screwed me in the past. That's a lot to make up for... Your actions are at the heart of my dislike of you.
                              Ok. None of which should have any bearing on fantasy football. I dislike that you're Catholic but don't practice, that you've advocated dissent against the Catholic church teachings. I really dislike your method of conflict resolution and your general attitude towards me over the years. It gets tiresome to see most posts from you to me flaming me for something or other. Especially when I remember things were different. I would like to resolve this, finally.

Yes... feel free to hide your bigotry behind religion. People like you usually do.
                              What is there to hide? The Good book says it and teaches it. I believe that Christians should follow the teachings of Christ and that he taught that marriage was between one man and one woman. These are all statement of facts. It's got nada to do with my opinion on these issues. Not for the last 14 years.

You keep wanting to make the distinction between football and baseball fantasy.
                              Logically one would surmise if someone has not completed a successful baseball draft and has been 10 for 10 in football, that the sport involved is the most reliable indicator of their participation.

Using your own numbers (I have no clue how many leagues you were actually in) you screwed us 25% of the time. Not a good track record. If your brakes failed on your car 25% of the time, would you trust them?
                              If one of my brakes failed because one of them was defective, would I toss out the other 3 because 'they had to be bad too?'

Maybe you have learned your lesson, maybe you haven't.
                              My retention rate > FFZ retention rate. I'm more likely to return and participate successfully than FFZ is to see their average player return and participate through the year.

The fact is, you have quit in the past.
                              Every year you're willing to tolerate greater risk in the leagues you actually play. There's nothing to indicate that I am more likely not to finish than the folks you usually play with. I agree, you would have a significant concern about me returning, but that would fade over time as I continue to successfully participate in leagues.

Every year that risk gets less.

You keeping trying to equate pulling out of league during the sign up process to quitting in the middle of the draft.
                              As opposed to someone who quits halfway through the year and grants free wins to half of the league? When I left, I had zero impact on the competitive balance of either the draft or the year's playing results. Better than getting autodrafted, fwiw.

No matter how many leagues you have played in, there is still that percentage due to the time you did quit.
                              Objectively that is a sensible approach. Given as most seasons you have to replace a player, I'm not seeing how my rate is significantly worse than what you're willing to work with in FFZ. At some point I will cross that acceptable threshold, if we assume that the ban is based on actual results.

To me, even that low percentage is unacceptable. And at FFZ, it wasn't a low percentage... It was 25%, based on your numbers.
                              I would argue low sample size. Can't ban a person from the leagues and then ignore the other evidence in favor of successful participation. That's begging the question. You would have to rely on evidence in other leagues in order to argue against reinstation based on behavior.

Then so does my successful participation in the other 10 leagues establish that I am a reliable player. No... that's still a 9% failure rate. Again, I wouldn't a tolerate a 9% failure in anything.
                              You're routinely topping that turnover on FFZ. Again, at some point I'll cross that threshold, if the ban is based on my actions and not feelings.

Give me a number, Ming.

At the end of the day you have to admit that I've never left a football league. Not before, not after. True enough... but you have to admit you did quit a fantasy league. And that's a fact.
                              Indeed, I'm not asking to get back into baseball. Football is a different ball of wax. I strongly doubt you would consider a player's participation in say, a NASCAR league to be as important to you as fantasy football in evaluating whether to bring someone into a football league. Someone leaving a NASCAR league would be considered much less serious all else being equal.

He mentioned in a pic em thread about your quitting them before the play offs are over. Which is indeed true...
                              You on the other hand just made crap up about him being involved in your removal from fantasy leagues, which he was never involved in.
                              Uh, he's made numerous posts attacking me here on Poly again with the pedophilia comments. For years.

He tells a truth, and you tell a lie... I'll let posters themselves decide which is worse.
                              Are you asserting that I'm a pedophile?

He posted about me, not the other way around, Ming. Do you deny that you have stopped making picks in past playoff pic em pools?
                              I usually play em like survivor. Pick'em all at once, lay the cards down and see how you do. I'd rather have the one post at the start of the playoffs with all the matchups and the champions.

Just how I roll with it. Others play it different.

Rah chose to attack my character here in the thread, it wasn't just about the pick'em.

People have the right to make fun of you for that. Unless you want to lie yet again and deny that you ever did.
                              Fair enough. Attacking my character is unfair, which rah did do here. Making fun of me, fine, I'll take my lumps. But you went well beyond that to be abusive here.

It is indeed relevant in a pick em pool thread.
                              How is Fantasy football at FFZ relevant to a poly pick'em thread? You guys brought that up, not me. Had you left it at that, there'd be no issue, but you couldn't help yourself.

Gee... I would think you know Yahoo better than that... it keeps historical record of fantasy leagues... and who was in them.
                              What year was it, off the top of your head. Without checking. How many players in the league that year?

Well.. you are famous. Or I should say infamous. To date, you are THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS EVER QUIT A FANTASY LEAGUE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRAFT.
                              I've won twice and yet this gets more mention. Like I said, massively blown out of proportion.

It was your whining and quitting that earned you the bad treatment.
                              Still doesn't explain how YOU were doing ME a favor by me choosing to accept your request for help.

How about you?
                              Sure.

Yep... they are different for you. You are the one that quit. Nobody dumped on you prior to your whining and quitting. That all came after your actions.
                              Open and shut.
                              Then why did Berz say that there were people unhappy when I joined? That attitude has an impact. You were welcoming to other folks, but not to me. Had Berz said, "we'd love to have you in our league this year", do you think I might have responded differently from being told, "keep your head down, don't make waves?"

Only Berz has been attributed to the doing you a favor stuff.
                              I would maintain he was probably the most supportive to having me play.

It doesn't really matter that you said no twice.
                              It does if you're accusing me of joining to screw your league. It's evidence that I had no such intent and further evidence that I was reluctant to join in the first place neither of which fits with the accusation that I'm trying to screw you guys over. I'd argue that how I did things was actually superior to competitive balance than an autodraft in terms of just looking at the end result.

For you to wonder why people didn't like that, that's pretty arrogant or stupid on your part.
                              Telling someone you need a help that you are short a player and then believing that you were actually helping me? No wonder I wasn't very welcome! After I left you had a scapegoat and were on your best behavior. Easier to blame all your troubles that year on me, when I was only in the league for less than a week.

So at the end of the day... all the smoke and mirrors you are tying to pull doesn't change the fact that you quit.
                              What smoke and mirrors? I know I'm not the easiest to get along with, but hell. The only person who got screwed in the end was me. You want your pound of flesh? You've already taken it and then some for years. I'm not sure how you feel I haven't suffered?

I've made my point. I'd like to resolve this so you can stop obsessing over one draft years ago and move on. Are you willing to apologize for accusing me of bribery? If so, we've got a deal.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• If you apologize to all the people you have made rude comments too, told lies about, made bigoted comments toward, insulted, people you have trolled, and people you have quit on, THEN I will apologize to you for the bribe comment.
                                I won't apologize for statement of facts concerning my faith. I will apologize to FFZ league, which is the point of the thread. Make a list of the players, including Chris with their addresses and I'll make a full apology to each of them for my conduct. I'll even do it first, if you promise to apologize for the bribery comment so we have proof here of your promise.

If either you or rah or JR feel I have made comments attacking your personal character, then fine I can include that as well. I'd like rah's apologies for the character comments and the same from JR if I'm to apologize to both of them too.

Otherwise it will just be you and me, Ming.

Do we have a deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X