X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football D/ST League 2013 - Draft

Draft Thread

League Page

Scoring Settings: On the league page in Yahoo!. Only one thing has changed; I have moderately reduced the points that defenses get for allowing very, very few yards. Most people in the Scoring Feedback Thread felt that yards allowed is a mediocre measure of defensive performance and didn't add much to the experience. Also, note that we have only ten teams this year as opposed to twelve last year.

Making Picks: Pick when it is your turn. Any selection that you make is binding once the next player after you has selected.

BAPAY Picks: There's a clock on your picks. I can change the clock time at my discretion at the end of a round; this means that everyone is affected equally. I won't overuse this power; I just need it to make sure we finish our draft by Wednesday, September 4. The clock begins when the previous person's pick has been posted. If you do not make your pick in the allotted time, you will receive the Best Available Player at Yahoo!. This is an automatic pick made for you.

BAPAY Determination:
    Your automatic pick will be made so as to fill your roster in a balanced way. Therefore, it will use the following preference order. It will pick the first position in this list that you do not already have.
    RB1
    QB1
    WR1
    RB2
    WR2
    TE1
    RB3
    WR3
    DST1
    QB2 [bye week watch]
    RB4
    WR4
    DST2 [bye week watch]
    WR5
    K
    TE2 [bye week watch]

Under no circumstances should a single backup (QB2, TE2, or DST2) have the same bye week as the starter.

Once the position is determined, a player is selected from that position. Go to Yahoo!'s player lists in our league, select "Season(proj)" from the drop-down menu, and sort by Fan Pts. These are just numbers cooked up by the staff at Yahoo!, but they reasonably represent consensus of what players are likely to do next year, and they are scored within our system. Therefore, these picks should be very fair. Note that they are slightly different from the "projected rankings," which don't take our scoring into account.

Changing BAPAY picks
    A BAPAY is a conditional pick. It only becomes permanent after 8 hours. If you have been BAPAYed, you can change your pick for 8 hours after the BAPAY pick was assessed. You can only change it to players who haven't been picked yet. Even if a player was picked after your BAPAY, you cannot force the other owner to change picks.

If the a player posting before you has been BAPAYed, then you can call "dibs" on their BAPAY if they end up changing their pick. At this point, nobody else can call dibs on the BAPAY. However, they can call "dibs" on your pick should the BAPAY (and therefore, your pick) be changed. The BAPAYed owner can change his pick to anyone not picked already, and then the chain of "dibs" will go upwards. This whole system gets erased after 8 hours - at that point, the pick is final.

Leaving Lists
    Please leave lists of potential picks, in order of preference, with me or with other active members of the league. This will reduce your picking time to a minimum. For example, if you have two picks close together, you could write a list that says "Give me one RB and a WR from this list. Pick players in this priority: A, B, C, D, E..." Your instructions can be as detailed as you want. If you have left a list with me you will not be BAPAYed.

I implore you to leave lists frequently. Historically we have finished the draft on time, but it would be very bad if we didn't. I expect this draft to complete quickly because there are only ten players.

Private Messages and Other Communication
    Try to send private messages to the next player on the clock for the first round - especially if they aren't particularly active. After that, you don't have to do it - only if it is helpful.
    If you have a busy schedule and are better reached by email (or even text message), please give me that contact information.

Discussion
    Please keep commentary on the draft to a minimum. Longer discussions about Fantasy Football should go in the generic fantasy thread.

Teams
    Mountain Goats - Jaguar
    Savage Hammers - Jonny
    Deviations - Koyaanisqatsi
    Dallas Dwarf Tossers - Slowwhand
    Da Boyz - Spaced Cowboy
    Purple Drank - MRT144
    I'm Thinking RBs - Al B. Sure
    Berz - Berzerker
    Chester's Tailors - snoopy369
    Seattle Trollhawks - joncha

Draft Order
    I have assigned each player a famous NFL pass rusher. I have sent this list of assigned players to snoopy369 and -Jrabbit. Someone other than snoopy369 or -Jrabbit, please post these players' names in an order of your choosing. We will substitute the names of the pass rushers with the names of the players, and derive our draft order from that.

Deacon Jones
    Lawrence Taylor
    Alan Page
    DeMarcus Ware
    Reggie White
    Michael Strahan
    Jack Youngblood
    Bruce Smith
    Derrick Thomas
    Richard Dent

Once this is accomplished, the top player will be free to select. A 24 hour timer will go into effect on Monday August 19th.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Pass rushers
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Bruce Smith
      Derrick Thomas
      Deacon Jones
      Richard Dent
      Alan Page
      Jack Youngblood
      Lawrence Taylor
      Reggie White
      DeMarcus Ware
      Michael Strahan
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Deacon Jones - Jonny
        Lawrence Taylor - Snoopy
        Alan Page - Albie
        DeMarcus Ware - Slowwy
        Reggie White - Koyaanisqatsi
        Michael Strahan - MRT
        Jack Youngblood - Berz
        Bruce Smith - Spaced
        Derrick Thomas - joncha
        Richard Dent - Jaguar

so
        Spaced
        Joncha
        Jonny
        Jaguar
        Albie
        Berz
        Snoopy369
        Koyaanisqatsi
        Slowwhand
        MRT

Comment

1.01 Spaced Cowboy
          1.02 joncha
          1.03 Jonny
          1.04 Jaguar
          1.05 Al B. Sure
          1.06 Berzerker
          1.07 snoopy369
          1.08 Koyaanisqatsi
          1.09 Slowwhand
          1.10 MRT144

2.01 MRT144
          2.02 Slowwhand
          2.03 Koyaanisqatsi
          2.04 snoopy369
          2.05 Berzerker
          2.06 Al B. Sure
          2.07 Jaguar
          2.08 Jonny
          2.09 joncha
          2.10 Spaced Cowboy

The clock starts on Monday, and will be 24 hours from there. Spaced is on vacation until tomorrow night. I assume he will not struggle much with this pick.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Snoopy was so kind to keep lists for us in IDP - feel free to send me lists as well if you want someone who's uninvolved.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sweet!
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

thats ironic, one of my buddies back in SoCal knew Jack Youngblood

Comment

woo

Since I rarely visit these days, I'll likely be sending my picks through Jaguar.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Ok, back and rested.

1.01 Spaced Cowboy -- Adrian Peterson -- RB -- MIN
                    1.02 joncha
                    1.03 Jonny
                    1.04 Jaguar
                    1.05 Al B. Sure
                    1.06 Berzerker
                    1.07 snoopy369
                    1.08 Koyaanisqatsi
                    1.09 Slowwhand
                    1.10 MRT144

2.01 MRT144
                    2.02 Slowwhand
                    2.03 Koyaanisqatsi
                    2.04 snoopy369
                    2.05 Berzerker
                    2.06 Al B. Sure
                    2.07 Jaguar
                    2.08 Jonny
                    2.09 joncha
                    2.10 Spaced Cowboy
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

1.01 Spaced Cowboy -- Adrian Peterson -- RB -- MIN
                      1.02 joncha -- Marshawn Lynch -- RB -- SEA
                      1.03 Jonny
                      1.04 Jaguar
                      1.05 Al B. Sure
                      1.06 Berzerker
                      1.07 snoopy369
                      1.08 Koyaanisqatsi
                      1.09 Slowwhand
                      1.10 MRT144

2.01 MRT144
                      2.02 Slowwhand
                      2.03 Koyaanisqatsi
                      2.04 snoopy369
                      2.05 Berzerker
                      2.06 Al B. Sure
                      2.07 Jaguar
                      2.08 Jonny
                      2.09 joncha
                      2.10 Spaced Cowboy

[Pick confirmed with joncha earlier.]

PM to Jonny

Comment

goddamnit joncha, i know you're doing a seahawks homer team but i really wanted lynch.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Somehow I don't seeing the top 5 RB falling to 10...

Comment

It happened in IDP.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It was supposed to go AP, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Rodgers, THEN me with Lynch!
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X