Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Auction League Fantasy Football is Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the league standings page, the thing that says "Week 1 Standings" is a drop-down menu, and it includes "draft day projections."
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Eh, I think you'd have done better to feel out the market for Brady/Manning (in particular, seeing that several players have QB deficiencies), but as Jag pointed out, Brown went three picks after Brady in D/ST, so it's not like it's that imbalanced compared to other known valuations in this scoring (which flattens QBs out some).
      I like Antonio Brown. I still have trade bait QBs for folks starting folks like Vick who are hoping he stays healthy all year. I have Rice + Foster. I have Witten at TE and Gates as a backup. That's a pretty solid starting lineup, with the number one QB last year again at a discounted price.

In any case, it's a fair deal, IMO.

I had one offer on the table. I took it. Maybe I could have done better and maybe not. My team is stronger for it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ah.

Pretty interesting given that in individual week matchups i have more than 6 wins. I think I'm going to be a huge benefactor of bye weeks this year.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Also 10 points a week is enough to jump me from mid tier up to the heavy hitters.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I finished with money in my pocket. Therefore had a poor draft.

Overpaid for Rodgers, made a couple other notable errors. the one that galled me was missing out on a guy I was waiting for, Golden Tate - lost connection, getting back online just in time to see him go for $1. But hell, I guess that's the nature of an auction.

Sorry about the goofy sticky-mouse bid on Wilson; I don't think there's a way to retract it once you hit that button. Props to MRT for fixing it.
            I guess I owe everyone about 10 minutes.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

BTW MRT, Yahoo! is probably underrating your team a bit because you don't have two defenses, so it just assumes you get a 0 during Houston's bye.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

EDIT:
                Last edited by SlowwHand; August 26, 2013, 00:19.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wrong thread
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                  X