Poly/FFZ March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Ol' JR and his 20/20 hindsight...
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

...says the man who didn't even submit a bracket.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You do this for pretty much every team that's an up-and-comer when they wash out after finally getting some respect.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Do what? Try to keep a thread active? WTF are you even talking about?

Troll.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm doing much better in the EDSBS challenge; Nimrods have been extremely impressive thus far.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm pretty much toast in every bracket. This one is probably my best shot... if Michigan beats Kansas I'm in a decent spot in two brackets, this and another (with Michigan and Ohio State in the Final Four) but it would take a combination of things to have any chance at all.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

OSU has been a virtual lock to get to the Final Four as soon as the brackets were announced. Gonzaga? New Mexico? Arizona? Notre Dame? Every team in that bracket is a fraud.

The South is much the same; Michigan is looking good right now, but they could collapse into a heap of fail at the slightest provocation (such as no longer playing 30 minutes from campus). Of course, Florida is also incapable of looking good away from home, and Kansas lost to TCU for ****'s sake.

This whole season is reminiscent of the 2007 college football season, where nothing made any goddamned sense whatsoever.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  OSU has been a virtual lock to get to the Final Four as soon as the brackets were announced. Gonzaga? New Mexico? Arizona? Notre Dame? Every team in that bracket is a fraud.

The South is much the same; Michigan is looking good right now, but they could collapse into a heap of fail at the slightest provocation (such as no longer playing 30 minutes from campus). Of course, Florida is also incapable of looking good away from home, and Kansas lost to TCU for ****'s sake.

This whole season is reminiscent of the 2007 college football season, where nothing made any goddamned sense whatsoever.
                  Agreed. This is why I love college sports!
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

There's a prize for lowest score, right?

Comment

Mildly surprised and kind of proud of my Illini for not folding vs. Miami, a 2-seed with clearly superior talent, tonight. I liked Bruce Weber well enough a coach, but John Groce is a definite upgrade. Especially come tournament time -- looked what happened to Kansas State in the first round.

A fun first week, resulting in an interesting Sweet 16. Guaranteed to have at least one cinderella story in the elite 8 (LaSalle/13 vs. Wichita St/9), and possibly more with two more double-digit schools still in the mix (Florida Gulf Coast - a freakin' 15 seed - and Oregon/12). Yet amid all the upsets, the East Region still managed to advanced its top 4 seeds.

Comment

Did anyone see the graphic about Georgetown losing to double digit ranked teams for like the last 5 years?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I thought the Illini were a very solid team this year. They were a heavily 3-point shooting team, meaning they could beat anyone but also were vulnerable to losing to anyone (see: Harvard, beating a solid if not spectacular New Mexico team [RPI: 2] and then losing to a weak Arizona team by twenty). I think in the next few years Illinois could easily be back to the top five in the Big Ten, hanging with Michigan/MSU/OSU/Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            There's a prize for lowest score, right?
                            I'm in last with excellent prospects of staying there, so it's probably a kick in the arse.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Don't worry, I may easily undertake (?) you yet.

Comment

Yeah, but it seems unlikely that all of your final fours will collapse and burn. Not that I know anything.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X