No announcement yet.

2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to see Iginla in the winged wheel someday. Oh well.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

July 1st.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Not sure if I was hoping he'd join the Hawks or not. Nowhere to put him, sadly, and they did have huge success not messing with chemistry... but with Hossa a 50/50 shot to play any given game and Sharp out until probably close to the end of the regular season, I sure wouldn't mind one more scorer on the team.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Kipper is not going to waive his clause. He wants to stay.
          Why not? It's not like he cares about winning a cup. No pressure, he can just play.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Alain Vigneault about to set a Canucks record - most games coached. He'll tie Crawford with the game tonight and the next game, we'll be in uncharted territory for a Canucks' coach. Canucks have had only two coaches since 1999, Crawford and Vigneault. Has a shot at 500, first for a Canucks' coach.

Only team with fewer coaching changes is Nashville (Trotz since 1997). Even Detroit has had three, with Bowman, Babcock and Lewis. Calgary's never had a coach last 6 seasons yet.
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 29, 2013, 00:01.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Vancouver has to be the biggest joke of a franchise in the NHL.

also

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I prefer that tune, actually! Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Sava, have you ever played Hit the Ice?

Comment

Biggest joke of a franchise - now third all time for a sellout streak.

487 Colorado Avalanche NHL 1995-2006 Pepsi Center
                    452 Detroit Red Wings NHL 1996-2007 Joe Louis Arena
                    400 Vancouver Canucks NHL 2002-present Rogers Arena

Canucks still won't match the Av's streak of 8 straight division wins. Depending on how they do this year, they'll have a shot at 5 in a row, 6 of 7, and 7 of the last 9. (missed to Calgary and Minnesota).

Canucks also have a chance to pass Edmonton to climb into a tie for the third most successful Canadian franchise ever. (Ottawa is second, with 10 division wins).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Canucks also have a chance to pass Edmonton to climb into a tie for the third most successful Canadian franchise ever
                      :laughingsohardtearsarerollingdownmyfacesmiley:

If there were more hockey fans on Apolyton that would almost be signature worthy. I suppose it is all in how you define "success". Thanks for making me laugh Ben....quite often you say things that irritate me and I have to ignore your posts for a while, but I am glad I read this one today as it helped put a smile on my face.

How many more wins do they need to pass Edmonton as the third most successful Canadian franchise ever again?
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

If there were more hockey fans on Apolyton that would almost be signature worthy. I suppose it is all in how you define "success". Thanks for making me laugh Ben....quite often you say things that irritate me and I have to ignore your posts for a while, but I am glad I read this one today as it helped put a smile on my face.
                        It's good to give Edmonton fans some cheer in their life.

How many more wins do they need to pass Edmonton as the third most successful Canadian franchise ever again?
                        Edmonton is 4th. Ottawa has 10 division championships (if you count their really early stuff). Canucks are 5th, just behind Edmonton and Ottawa. Calgary is 6th. Canucks win their division this year they will be tied with Ottawa with 10 division championship, and will retake 4th again, which is where they were in 1979. Edmonton only has 9.

If they win a division championship this year and another one in 2013-14, they will bump up to the third most successful Canadian franchise.

Comment

aw that's precious
                          lol canada
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Must make Vancouver fans feel secure that Lou let in 7 tonight, and he is likely starting the playoffs.

When they lose again, will they break a larger part of their city?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

We wanted to make Edmonton feel better about themselves by playing a charity scrimmage.

Comment

Uh-huh. All teams want to go into the playoffs getting blown out.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X