No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Scoring Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I don't think any defense went for more than about $8), yet played a huge role in team success.
    Chargers D which is top 10 wasn't even drafted. I spent 5 bucks on Bal D and traded up for Julio...
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

FWIW, the only defense that went for more than $5 was San Francisco. Berz got them for $9 in the 4th round.

Two defenses went for $5 -- Baltimore to Ben in the 3rd and Chicago to me in the 14th.

The other 15 defenses drafted all went for $3 or less.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        I'm thinking more along the lines that one week I'd score in the 200+ range, then the next week the sub 130 range. I don't know if that's just my perception, or just my team.
        That was probably just your perception, and/or just your team. I can change the scoring for various categories, but I can't help you if all your players were good in some weeks, and all of them were terrible in others. That's just random chance.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I do agree with people who want to scale back the importance of yardage allowed for defenses, but I think eliminating it might be too harsh. It affects important things like offensive field position.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

That's a reasonable view. Holding a team to tiny total yardage is definitely a feat worthy of reward, but in the vast majority of games, yards allowed is not really an indicator of which defense dominated.

Still haven't looked at the settings, so I'll just ask: Is time of possession considered in our scoring system?
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
              I do agree with people who want to scale back the importance of yardage allowed for defenses, but I think eliminating it might be too harsh. It affects important things like offensive field position.
              The problem is that it exacerbates already poor performances by teams.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I though we were trying to balance all positions. Even TE's looked a little nerfed, but especially Kickers. I suppose kickers are to Spazzy compared to QBs, RBs, and other "skilled positions." Defense seemed a little sporadic as well. I'm not sure how one who go about balancing all slots.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, kickers could be lumped in with defenses. In normal scoring, they're little more than background noise. In this scoring system, they're almost irrelevant.

Comment

QBs, Kickers, RBs, whole Defenses, everyone has off days. They'll all be sporadic.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This year I remember a QB, a RB, and a Def put up 70 points, I don't remember a K breaking 20.

Admittedly those 70 point days were some spectacular stats.

I'm not even sure if it is worth trying to balance kickers; I would be fine if we played without them.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X