No announcement yet.

Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

43% of bigger pie > 51% of smaller pie. Do the owners not understand this?
    Operating losses with bigger pie under former CBA. What are they going to make up their losses by selling in volume?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
      I'll check with Andrew, but given that he basically abandoned his team last year right after the draft, my gut tells me he may not be interested.

I'll be away from Sept. 29 to late Oct. 7. If we can hold off until I get back, great. If not, I may be able to jump in enough to hold up my end.

My sense is that it is unlikely the puck drops on time. It is possible that it will, but the players will want to push at least a bit before they give up 12%+ of their income.

I feel comfortable with a draft beginning Oct 8. It will be done by the 18th or so. In the very unlikely event, we miss the first week or so.

Everyone cool with a draft beginning the 8th of Oct? This way wa can have 'Tiki and Leanne active for the draft's early rounds.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I checked with Andrew yesterday and he didn't give me a definitive yes, but kinda hinted he'd be interested in joining again. I'll press him for a more concrete answer, but I think we can pencil him in for now.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          Sparrowhawk, are you coming back?
          Not sure. I was pi$$ed off in 1994 when there was a lockout, and by 2004 had almost quit watching hockey as it was all about money. Now a third lockout I have season tickets to Junior hockey and am almost hoping the lockout is all year so that Junior hockey can do that much better (better players, more fans?). I am the newest Oklahoma Barons fan too (they could have a great year this year).

The NHL is fogged up, I guess that's what happens when you get a basketball guy as commissioner and a baseball guy running the NHLPA. Neither of them get hockey IMHO.

If you need me to be in this I would be happy to, if I miss out, I won't be too upset....not sure it will matter either way as both sides seem to have their head in the sand thinking they are right and won't give in. It seems that the fans and the jobs/revenue that the employees affected by the lockout are not a consideration in that neither side gives a damn about anyone else. If and when they get back to hockey, I would love to see half empty arenas to hopefully send a message to both sides, but that isn't likely to happen either, I am sure the fans will be back again, and ready to spend even more on tickets
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            My sense is that it is unlikely the puck drops on time. It is possible that it will, but the players will want to push at least a bit before they give up 12%+ of their income.

I agree but what do they really hope to accomplish. Maybe I am drinking the kool aid but I fully believe the owners will sit out a year toi get what they want. Imagine no hockey all year and no deal. Next August and September how would the landscape look
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I think the players will push til the point they understand that the owners will not back down. It's the only reasonable thing for them to do. It remains to be seen how much of this year's salaries they are willing to sacrifice before they collectively get it.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think the outburst by Jimmy Devellano was done with the approval of some owners. It was a message to the players, IMO.

When the ownership of a team like Detroit is taking a hard line, the players gotta know that the heat has been turned on beneath their goose.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Back to fantasy. . . One of my leagues is preparing to drfat in an offline forum draft. Its a 10 teamer with 20 player rosters ( and 15 categories)

G A, +/- PIMS PPP SGP SOG Hits Blocks FOW and W Saves GAA SV% and Shutouts

I have first pick overall and am considering Malkin. I actually like Crosby better but Sid has more injury risk and Malkin is listed as a right wing so I could take him and use him as a RW to help with the Face off wins category. Positional scarcity etc etc . Anyone else have a preferred # 1??

I have also been trying to trade down in the first round -- but so far the offers have not been there where I want and the draft is supposed to start tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'd give Stamkos some serious consideration, but I actually have no idea how he compares to Malkin or Crosby in things like hits or FOW.
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                      I'd give Stamkos some serious consideration, but I actually have no idea how he compares to Malkin or Crosby in things like hits or FOW.
                      More hits, fewer FOW,

My main reason for Malkin is the RW status. If two players project pretty equal, IMHO you always take the position where talent is scarcer

Comment

So are we going to do this thing, or wait until it seems a little more likely that there may be at least a part of a season?

Comment

You are back. Good.

I am wondering if we will have the interest for our normal forum draft or if we should do the draft online.

Thoughts?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Online drafts are very tricky given the time and technical issues that always pop up. I know in two of the auction drafts, but not the third, I had no end of connection problems. And I know other people had problems during the third one (and others as well). Having said that, if everyone else wants to do an online draft, I'm willing to give it a go.

Comment

I will send out summonses in the AM.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

I prefer the forum draft.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X