No announcement yet.

Poly IDP 2012 Draft Thread: No one can replace Ed Hochuli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that you feel a need to deflect the discussion to a result from a totally different league to justify your actions in IDP is kinda pathetic btw.
    I was unaware that the scoring system between the two leagues score 0 differently. Davis is what in IDP? TE-11?

Heath Miller, Owen Daniels, Myers, Rudolph, and Pitta are all better than him, all picked up off of Waivers.

The matchup between Cook/Davis has Cook winning 8/12 weeks. Meaning that on average, Cook is the better play than Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis has had the better week once since week 3.

The correct play was to dump Davis' ass for Daniels after week three, rather than hanging onto him for 11 weeks. Same with Fitz. I should have pulled the trigger right away.

Dunno, why you picked him up of all people, you've got Gronko. Now you've got to deal with Davis in your W/R/T slot which is the worst slot possible. You want your most consistant player there, not your least consistant.

In the other league I have Nate Washington in that slot - 2 poor weeks out of 13, 11 solid ones. I know you don't like him, but he's a great player.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 28, 2012, 17:01.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I don't think dropping Fitz and Davis is bad sportsmanship, it's just silly. Neither is a superstar this year. It's not like he's dropping them because he wants to affect the league's playoffs or anything. (That said, it's silly.)

Ben, "must be rostered" doesn't mean YOU have to roster them, it just means that they are good enough someone should have that need. (That said, Fitz in particular I think was totally idiotic to drop - he is a superstar, he's just being affected by a QB situation. Were Kolb or Skelton to suddenly figure things out, Fitz could be in for some good days soon.)
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• If he's being affected by a QB situation, that kind of detracts from his superstar designation for this year. I came real close to dumping Chris Johnson's ass.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Dunno, why you picked him up of all people, you've got Gronko.
          Gronkowski has a broken arm, doofus. VDavis gives me options.

As for "dumping after week 3," Vernon Davis was iirc the highest-scoring TE in the league at that point. I'm pretty sure you were loving him.

Oh, and BTW: Kyle Rudolph has been on my roster all year, never once available on waivers. Please stop yourself from the blatant lying.

Finally, your player evaluation of the TEs is stupid. Jared Davis has managed to score in double digits exactly twice this year, the most recent being week3. Vernon Davis has been in double digits five times. Those other weeks that Cook "won" were tallest midget competitions. Targets also favor Davis. But hey, you're all about limited upside, so go for it.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• A Dead Horse is a TE hoarder in IDP. I think he should be ashamed, I really do.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I don't think dropping Fitz and Davis is bad sportsmanship, it's just silly. Neither is a superstar this year. It's not like he's dropping them because he wants to affect the league's playoffs or anything. (That said, it's silly.)
              Fitz isn't even much above replacement level so far this year. Like I said, I have alternatives on my team who are much less swingy for about the same number of points.

Ben, "must be rostered" doesn't mean YOU have to roster them, it just means that they are good enough someone should have that need. (That said, Fitz in particular I think was totally idiotic to drop - he is a superstar, he's just being affected by a QB situation. Were Kolb or Skelton to suddenly figure things out, Fitz could be in for some good days soon.)
              Sure, it's week 13 now though, and I don't need to plan for the future anymore.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Gronkowski has a broken arm, doofus. VDavis gives me options.
                Sure, like he did for you last week.

As for "dumping after week 3," Vernon Davis was iirc the highest-scoring TE in the league at that point. I'm pretty sure you were loving him.
                I was 1-2, so I was not 'loving him'. I was actually pissed off at my team.

Finally, your player evaluation of the TEs is stupid. Jared Davis has managed to score in double digits exactly twice this year, the most recent being week3. Vernon Davis has been in double digits five times. Those other weeks that Cook "won" were tallest midget competitions. Targets also favor Davis. But hey, you're all about limited upside, so go for it.
                I'm going to enjoy this week when you start Davis. Maybe he can lose you a few more games.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Oh, and BTW: Kyle Rudolph Owen Daniels has been on my roster all year, never once available on waivers. Please stop yourself from the blatant lying.
                  Anyone else want to claim a TE off of Ben's "available on waivers" list?
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    I'm going to enjoy this week when you start Davis. Maybe he can lose you a few more games.
                    I'm on a 10-game winning streak in IDP, dude. So go tell your story walking.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• There's this old man at the VFW that tells his wife, "Walking ain't crowded", when he's ready to go and she's lingering.

Comment

• I had something like a 37 point lead at the start of tonight, with no one playing and Coldwizard with RGIII and Morris....I didn't like my chances....however it looked good at halftime and I had some hope. Now with 2 minutes left and Washington with the ball, I lead by .4 points....I don't like my chances again! I need a fumble/sack/interception.
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Brees cost me games in two leagues this week, ending my 10-game IDP win streak.
                          Hope he's got that out of his system.

Comment

• Play calling for the Saints is also stupid. I believe it may be called "Missing Payton".

Comment

• I'm on a 10-game winning streak in IDP, dude. So go tell your story walking.
                              Not anymore! Thanks Vernon!

Comment

• I had something like a 37 point lead at the start of tonight, with no one playing and Coldwizard with RGIII and Morris....I didn't like my chances....however it looked good at halftime and I had some hope. Now with 2 minutes left and Washington with the ball, I lead by .4 points....I don't like my chances again! I need a fumble/sack/interception
                                That's the power of Fitz!

Comment

Working...
                                X