No announcement yet.

NHL Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Ben. How is your list of experienced two million dollar men coming ? Still curious to see even a couple of names lol
    So Iggy's getting the money because he's old?

How many guys with TWO consecutive 30 goal seasons in the last two years make 2 million.
    I don't see 'experienced' in your post. Moving the goalposts much?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Asher

1. He knows I have quit responding to him because of misleading posts such as this one here . This is just the latest example.
        2. Do you have much hope for this years flames? I know I am not overly optimistic but maybe if Cervenka,baertschi, Hudler all emerge as good top 6 guys the team could be good. I am just happy they tried changing it up a bit.... I have a full set of season tickets this year
        And would actually be reasonably happy if I see a good effort night after night
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I have no expectations for them this year.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Hall is locked up at $6MM for 7 years.

Let the good times roll!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Isn't that a bit steep/long?

Ah, the new NHL...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• It may be a risk, but it is eating 3 UFA years (under the current CBA).

If he excels it will be a bargain.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• hi
                  calgary sucks
                  when's the last time a canadian team won anything?
                  oh yeah... when mario lemieux had cancer

will there even be a season?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hi.
                    Yes.

Yes.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Interesting website. It shows a real-time meter of lost salaries due to the lockout.

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Interesting NYE, I would like to see 3 other calculators however.

One for the owners, and how much they are losing/saving (depending on whether they in a profit or loss situation, and how many of their expenses are fixed).
                        Another for the cities economies, to show how much this is costing the cities and the workers who depend on the NHL for income (from the people that work at the arenas, parking lots, restaurants nearby, memorabilia and sportswear, etc).
                        And a third for how much the average fan is saving by not having to pay for NHL games (between tickets, concession and memorabilia). Though I have limited knowledge of people with Season tickets, I know my nephew told me that he still has to pay for his season ticket, in order to keep his seat, and that if there is no season, they will apply the ticket price to next year (which seems so wrong to me...."we arn't having any games, but you still have to pay for your seat").

Anyway, anyone know how the lockout might effect world juniors? It seems that every year some teams keep their junior age players as they need them in their lineup. I would expect this years tournament to have all the junior stars available to play?
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The players are losing far more than anyone else while this goes on. We can only speculate as to what the owners are collectively losing or saving.

I imagine the world juniors will be star-studded this year.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              The players are losing far more than anyone else while this goes on.
                              The local economies are losing the most.

Long Island, for instance...

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly ... "The local economy could lose more than $60 million in visitor spending
                              from here

Once again, a bunch of billionaires are ****ing up the economy. There's been a lot of that going around.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post

That's not the only thing won in any given year in the league.

(\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X