No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only person with that conclusion is you.
    True, I'm slain by the overwhelming evidence that the Bears are excellent at developing quarterbacks.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yeah, buddy. No one does QB like the Bears.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Ah, the annual airing of Ben's Flutiephilia.
        Please proceed. And finish.
        Then zip it for another year.
        Please.

Forgive me if I don't join in the fun.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I believe it was Albert who was attempting to curry favor.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Charles Tillman!! 8 tackles, 4 FF!!

Bears very classy today. They never make a real big deal when they do score TD's and they ran it on 4th down late when most coaches would have kicked a FG.

Great game by DEF and ST. Offense still needs to improve on first down (stop the penalties!) and get going quicker. Now for the difficult part of the schedule.
            Last edited by Demonbinder; November 4, 2012, 18:02.

Comment

• Peanut should be a Hall of Famer.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• He may well be. Most people consider Charles Woodson a near-first-ballot HoFer, and Peanut has very similar statistics (more FFs, less INTs).
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  He may well be. Most people consider Charles Woodson a near-first-ballot HoFer, and Peanut has very similar statistics (more FFs, less INTs).
                  Whoah whoah whoah.

Woodson is an 8-time Pro Bowler and 7-time All Pro, AP and NFC Defensive Player of the Year, and a Super Bowl champion.

Tillman has a long way to go. He's not getting in for this generation before Woodson, Champ Bailey, and Ronde Barber.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Anyone surprised by the 6-6 score? I thought this would be a shootout.

Comment

• Pretty much halfway through the season now. Who is looking Super Bowl bound to you?

I'll say Houston - Atlanta. Not a real reach, but anything can happen. Jacksonville and Carolina could get rolling. It could happen.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Houston and Atlanta are obvious choices, but WTF are you talking about with JAX and CAR? Are you off your meds?

I think, as long as Schaub and Foster are healthy, Texas is a near lock in the AFC. Every other team looks seriously flawed.
                        The NFC looks much more competitive -- ATL, SF, CHI and GB looking the most solid, with NYG, DET, SEA all in the mix. And only 6 can make the playoffs.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That playoff turnover may not happen this year. Pretty much every playoff team from last year except the Saints and Bengals looks like they'll repeat.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            WTF are you talking about with JAX and CAR? Are you off your meds?
                            I think Sloww was trying to point out that anything could happen, and JAX and CAR are his examples of 'anything'.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• FWIW, that's how I read it as well.

If it does end up being Houston vs. Atlanta (and, of course, it is WAAAAY too soon to predict that), the media is going to be insufferable with all the stuff about Schaub being a fomer Falcon.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The one thing I'm confident in is that, no matter who reaches the SB, the media will find plenty to be insufferable about.

Comment

Working...
                                X