NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

Impressive comeback so far by the Cowboys, should be an interesting finish.
    Fantastic finish.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The Cowboys need to trade or just cut Felix Jones. If Dez Bryant doesn't learn how to run his route correctly, every time, I'd move his ass out, too.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Great, can someone make me an avatar with Peyton Manning in a crude paint Indy jersey?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• From ESPN Chicago: Jay Cutler had a Total QBR of 92.4 in the 4th quarter of Chicago's come-from-behind win against the Panthers... Cutler entered the day leading the NFL in 4th-quarter Total QBR this season (min. 25 action plays).

All Bears fans would love to see him do this in the first half, but if they are close in fourth quarter, this gives them the confidence they can win.

Comment

• That, and the defense scoring for them.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              The Cowboys need to trade or just cut Felix Jones. If Dez Bryant doesn't learn how to run his route correctly, every time, I'd move his ass out, too.

The Cowboys' motto should be "Not In Our House!"

I think it's the big tv. It just gives the Giants that little extra motivation, you know? They can watch their touchdowns on the biggest tv in the country
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 29, 2012, 08:15.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                That, and the defense scoring for them.
                Before the game winning drive, Brian Urlacher was overheard telling Jay Cutler "Just hold'em!".
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I thought the Bears were lucky, but it turns out the Giants were WAY luckier.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Richard Dent blames Ditka's decision to start Doug Flutie for the '86 Bears not winning the Super Bowl:

"Bringing Doug Flutie in and thinking that he's gonna come in and be on a team for three weeks and start him in a playoff game? Hell, I mean you're trying to change the name on the Super Bowl trophy to Mike Ditka (from) Vince Lombardi when you do something like that."

"We had won with Tomczak and Fuller. That's all we needed to do is stay with that plan. Then you bring a guy off the street."
                    Mike Ditka refused to engage in a war of words with Hall of Fame defensive Richard Dent, who said Wednesday that Ditka was the reason the 1985 Chicago Bears didn't repeat as Super Bowl champions.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It's clearly Doug Flutie's fault
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Damn Doug Flutie didn't lead da Bears to a superbowl in year one? Man, fire the bum.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• With the cast he had around him at the time, yes.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Jim McMahon was a terrible quarterback and he did it the year before.

Comment

• Not because of their QB play. So, the conclusion is that the Bears management are idiots and passed up on one of the best QBs of that generation. Man, that's like dumping a hot chick you just picked up before she makes it big because she 'doesn't do it like your ex'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Not because of their QB play. So, the conclusion is that the Bears management are idiots and passed up on one of the best QBs of that generation. Man, that's like dumping a hot chick you just picked up before she makes it big because she 'doesn't do it like your ex'.
                                Only person with that conclusion is you.

Comment

Working...
                                X