No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers lose 7-6 to the Browns. Norv Turner has officially lost the team.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• What would have made it "official"?
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• What would have made it "official"?
        Did you watch the game? That has to be the worst effort I've ever seen them put on offense since before the LT days. If they had fired him at the bye, the players would have played for him. Now, they just want him fired.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I didn't watch the game, I just would think that in order for Norv Turner to have "officially" lost the team, that someone would have had to make it "official", rather than him losing the team in your opinion (which would be "unofficially").
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• What a finish to Bears game! They looked good early (I didn't mind the INT early because where it was caught and it was a play where it was a good call to go for it) but then looked like s**t, until end of game. Missed FG had me worried at that point that it would make a difference, but they got a pick six and then got it at end with a great drive to win.

Every team has at least one game like that each year and Bears had to win this one.

WHEW!!
            Last edited by Demonbinder; October 28, 2012, 16:50.

Comment

• The weather was abominable on the lakefront in Cleveland. 45 degrees and rain with a 25 mph wind out of the north. The stadium is right on Lake Erie and that north wind is simply brutal - a perfect crosswind.

I didn't see the effort, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the warm weather team fold in their first bad-weather game of the year.

BTW, anyone notice that Indianapolis is 4-3?
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I didn't see the effort, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the warm weather team fold in their first bad-weather game of the year.
                They attacked as effectively as Mussolini stormed the Alps.

Comment

• Wow, a pick-6 for Jason Pierre-Paul. 23-0. Oh, and 3 INTs for Romo. Bonus fumble lost for Dez Bryant. All in 17 minutes.
                  Alby is a happy man.

Buh-bye, Cowboys.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Happy Birthday, JR!!

Comment

• Wow, total implosion. Can the Bears play the 'Boys again please?
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Dallas's cheating is even worse this year than last.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• What cheating would that be? Or is that just another lame Slowwy troll?

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                            What cheating would that be? Or is that just another lame Slowwy troll?

ACK!
                            QFT. I have had this game on and while I'm not watching terribly closely, when I read this I thought the same thing (does he really think there is cheating or is he just trying to get Sloww riled up).

Impressive comeback so far by the Cowboys, should be an interesting finish.

Comment

• Bah, fingers on the goal back line, two weeks in a row, the crappy Boyz were one play away from a "W".
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Trying to get Sloww riled up. But I also hate the Cowboys so much that my mind can't process any score by them as the result of anything but cheating.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X