NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Bryant had a good day, although he dropped what should have been a TD. Hit him in the hands.
    He missed the catch on the 2 point convert that would have tied the game, and then complained about a missed penalty call when they were trying to get lined back up for one more play at the end (to try to get into better field goal range). Take either one of those out and maybe it's a Dallas win rather than a loss.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The entire AFC East is 3-3 right now. The NFC West has three 4-2 teams and the Rams are 3-3.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        JR brought it up, and I was only answering his questions. If you're not going to tell off JR, then you have no cause to tell off me. Selective enforcement is bull****.
        Did I say you specifically? No?

Carry on.

In the other thread.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Did I say you specifically? No?
          You posted after JR posted and said nothing about it. When I post you said it. Nice try.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Damn it! Just go away!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• There it is again. I wonder where that echo is coming from.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You're hearing the collective desire of humanity.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I knew GB would win, but jeez!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• ESPN reporting Ray Lewis out for the year. Shouldn't that be "career"? I find it hard to believe he will be able to play for a 17th year.

Comment

• Both Lewis and Urlacher have been playing on borrowed time this year.

Lewis knew he had lost a step, so he dropped some weight this year, but I just saw a scout quoted as saying "He still knows exactly where to be and where to go, but he just can't get there anymore." Same thing we've been seeing with Urlacher.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Urlacher, and presumably Lewis also, has indeed been living on his football instincts and knowledge rather than physical skill. But those instincts and knowledge are _really good_... being able to direct the defense effectively is very important; and even if he can't cover the entire field like he used to, he still can cover adequately.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong; I'm well aware that the Bears defense is significantly better with Urlacher on the field.
                          It's just hard to watch him trailing on plays that he used to blow up.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yet another thing to go on the list of nefarious deeds perpetrated by the Dallas Cowboys.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              Yet another thing to go on the list of nefarious deeds perpetrated by the Dallas Cowboys.
                              Actually, blame this on Madden curse by association. While Calvin Johnson was on the cover, Ray Lewis was featured in the intro video.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Finally. The Norv Turner era is over. Thank God. Thank God almighty.

Comment

Working...
                                X