• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    Is this detroit?
    Exactly.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Damn, it's almost like it's designed to irritate Cheatroits fans.
      Why can't you just admit you made a typo.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        Is this detroit?
        No, it's BK's misspelling of Cheatriots, a supposed play on Patriots.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          No, it's BK's misspelling of Cheatriots, a supposed play on Patriots.

ACK!
          I had to read an entire page to gather that and witness him claim that the typo was on purpose. What a moron.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Why can't you just admit you made a typo.
            Chee tree its

or

Cheat roits.

I've always said it with two and not three syllables. You guys do it with three?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• but the 2nd doesnt even sound remotely similar to patriots. Cheat roits sounds like Detroit.

Comment

Chee tree its

or

Cheat roits.

I've always said it with two and not three syllables. You guys do it with three?
                Now I've got it, you call them the Patroits.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  How?

ACK!
                  Well, when I wrote that I was talking about the holding call on Gronk. According to Pereira, it was a call that was technically correct but that regular officials are trained not to make because it was marginal and had no impact on the play (the prototypical "you could call holding on every play" deal). That one called back the would-be game winning TD.

But they had a lot of issues in NE yesterday. You could throw in a false start earlier in the game on a field goal attempt when the snapper was adjusting his grip on the ball, which is allowed. (Gostkowski hit it even after being backed up five yards, but they called a false start when they should have called offsides and the offsides call would have given NE a first down.) Gronk was the victim of either holding or DPI on the failed two point conversion that would have tied it. They screwed up calls on two Mesko kicks, one favoring both teams. The Fitzgerald non-catch late in the game was a bad call that was a result of two of the officials disagreeing on the field and the subsequent replay not showing enough to overturn.

Yeah, some of those you can chalk up to regular ref problems, but the Gronk holding call and the false start were cases of the replacement refs not knowing what they should be doing.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Chee tree its

or

Cheat roits.

Because "patriot" has three syllables. And I'm willing to bet that you pronounce it with three, too.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Because "patriot" has three syllables. And I'm willing to bet that you pronounce it with three, too.
                      And you're right about that.

So you guys say chee tree it?

Interesting.

I don't know why I read it as Cheat-roit. That's how I heard it in my head when I first read it.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• No, none of us says it "Cheatriots", because only ****ing stupid morons use ****ing stupid moron made-up words like "Cheatriot".
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• No, none of us says it "Cheatriots", because only ****ing stupid morons use ****ing stupid moron made-up words like "Cheatriot".
                          Well said.

Comment

• OK, glad we got that settled.

Time for some Monday Night Football. While working. Such is my life.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes, go Julio Jones, Matt Bryant and Michael Turner. I need Roddy White and Gonzo to sucketh mightely.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                                During the Bears - Packers game one of the promo's asked if the Lions were the team to beat in the NFC Central. We all had a good laugh (about the only one that night) about that one.
                                NFC Central? Did I just go back in time to the 90's?
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X