No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps you missed the part where Hasselbeck left Seattle for Tennessee a couple years back...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hasslebeck is an idiot regardless given his endorsement of Phiten.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        You did apparently.

He was on your fantasy team last year, right? You do know he plays for the Tennessee Titans, not the Seattle Seahawks, right? You know he didn't go back to the Seahawks, right? Their QB's are Matt Flynn, Tavaris Jackson, and Russell Wilson.

My all-washout team was in reference to TO, Braylon Edwards, Sidney Rice, Kellen Winslow, and Zach Miller. You know, all guys who could be reasonably characterized as wash-outs for various reasons (TO: unwanted last year; Braylon Edwards: cut mid-season by his 3rd team in his career, now on his 4th; Sindey Rice: injured as hell; Kellen Winslow: 3rd team and he's not 30 yet; Zach Miller: very disappointing last year).

The thing with all of them was they were really good about 3 years ago. 3 years ago, Hasselbeck was the QB of the Seahawks. 3 years ago, none of those players I mentioned were Seahawks. Therefore, Hasselbeck and those guys never played together.

Besides, we're not talking about 3 years ago, we're talking about NOW. 3 years ago is irrelevant. NOW, the QB is certainly not Hasselbeck, who is not even on the team.

I'm struggling to understand how Hasselbeck is included in my All-Washout team description of the Seahawks.

Hell, my comment was made after name-dropping a QB NOT named Hasselbeck, but another person that could be characterized as a wash-out: Tavaris Jackson:

I mean who will play QB for them? Tarvaris Jackson is still getting first-team reps.

The Seahawks are rapidly turning into the All-Washout team.
        If ANYTHING, one would think I was referring to Jackson as a washout and including him with those WR's and TE's. Where does Hasselbeck come into play?

Did I once again enter the Apolyton Twilight Zone or is this just the Beniverse?
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 8, 2012, 12:39.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You do know he plays for the Tennessee Titans, not the Seattle Seahawks, right?
          Next you'll be telling me Peyton Manning plays for Denver. Who are you trying to kid?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Next you'll be telling me Peyton Manning plays for Denver. Who are you trying to kid?
            So why did you post your posts, then?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I'm waiting and hoping, and expecting. He and MLB Sean Lee go at each other during practice like it's mid-season. Friends, but both take it seriously.
              If he stays healthy, he'll put up monster numbers.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Golden Tate won't give up #81 for new team-mate, TO:

Only teammate Golden Tate rained on the parade, refusing to give up his No. 81 jersey (no confirmation that T.O. asked for it), telling the Everett Herald, "Me and 81 have been through a lot: donut shops, inactives."
                Golden Tate is a fool

Comment

• I'd sell it to him.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• TO doesn't have enough money to buy it from him.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Let the fun begin with preseason games on slate tonight.
                      They were joking on ESPN radio that they would limit Peyton to one series of downs tonight. They expect three hand offs and a punt.
                      Bears fans expect different. Cutler will be doing the three hand offs and a punt.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Top 10 RB's in Madden 13:

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
                        #2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
                        #3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
                        #4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
                        #5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
                        #6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
                        #7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
                        #8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
                        #9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
                        #10 Michael Turner - 91 Overall

Don't know where Chris Johnson is but how the mighty have fallen. Also Fred Jackson's taken a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Golden Tate won't give up #81 for new team-mate, TO:

Golden Tate is a fool
                          Why? He's also mildly amusing.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            Why? He's also mildly amusing.
                            I mean fool not as idiotic but like someone who fools around.

Comment

• You can't go through life being named "Golden" without being a bit outside the mainstream.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                You can't go through life being named "Golden" without being a bit outside the mainstream.
                                Golden Tate sounds like a brand of tater tots.

Comment

Working...
                                X