No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Hasselbeck for a dollar last year. He did pretty well.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I got Hasselbeck for a dollar last year. He did pretty well.
      So?

You do realize Hasselbeck doesn't play for the Seahawks, right?

And that's not an accomplishment since back-end QB's in 10-12 team leagues usually go for a buck at auction.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• And that's not an accomplishment since back-end QB's in 10-12 team leagues usually go for a buck at auction.
        How many auction drafts have you won?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• The answer to the question you asked, who was QB for Seattle that year, was answered, Alby.
          If you want to change the question after the answer is given, that's fine; but that qualifies as another question. Your original question is still answered.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I predict that Matt Flynn will win the job in Seattle this year.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He should.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Really?

"There are those in the Cowboys' organization who believe Murray has a chance to be one of the great ones, like (Emmitt) Smith and Tony Dorsett," Clarence E. Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes.
                Sloww, I remember you being high on him. What's your take on this?
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

How many auction drafts have you won?
                  Two years ago, I won ~$1000 in an auction league.

And you don't win the draft, Ben. You win the league.

Knowing how much people typically pay for QB2's in an auction doesn't require some special knowledge invoked by winning. Price deflation for QB2's is significant. I did a mock auction the other day on ESPN and got Carson Palmer for a buck. There's no reason to pay more for such low caliber (and Hasselbeck going into last year with the possibility of Jake Locker starting was a worse prospect than Palmer is this year; ergo, he could be had for cheaper).

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  The answer to the question you asked, who was QB for Seattle that year, was answered, Alby.
                  If you want to change the question after the answer is given, that's fine; but that qualifies as another question. Your original question is still answered.
                  It was a joke. It's a meme where someone asks "But who was phone?". I made an inside joke around people not aware of it.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• How long before the Seahawks give him a call?

Running back Travis Henry, who hasn't played in the NFL since 2007, has been officially reinstated by the NFL, a source with knowledge of his situation said Tuesday.

Comment

• Wow, that's a blast from the past. Can Amman Green be far behind?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• RENTON, Wash. -- For this week and the preseason opener, Matt Flynn is the Seattle Seahawks' starting quarterback.

Beyond Saturday night against Tennessee, coach Pete Carroll is keeping it a mystery.

"You'll have to wait and see," Carroll said. "Wait and see. Taking one week at a time."

Comment

• And you don't win the draft, Ben. You win the league.
                          Fine then. I'm the current auction league champion here.

Knowing how much people typically pay for QB2's in an auction doesn't require some special knowledge invoked by winning. Price deflation for QB2's is significant. I did a mock auction the other day on ESPN and got Carson Palmer for a buck. There's no reason to pay more for such low caliber (and Hasselbeck going into last year with the possibility of Jake Locker starting was a worse prospect than Palmer is this year; ergo, he could be had for cheaper).
                          He did quite well last year nonetheless. For a 'washout', he well outperformed the dollar it cost to bring him in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                            Really?

Sloww, I remember you being high on him. What's your take on this?
                            I'm waiting and hoping, and expecting. He and MLB Sean Lee go at each other during practice like it's mid-season. Friends, but both take it seriously.

Comment

Fine then. I'm the current auction league champion here.

He did quite well last year nonetheless. For a 'washout', he well outperformed the dollar it cost to bring him in.
                              Who called him a 'washout'?

Comment

• The Seahawks are rapidly turning into the All-Washout team.
                                You did apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X