NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy crap

I still don't know how to feel about the Jets situation. I've been the biggest defenders of Sanchez and Tebow and now with them on the same team, I'm conflicted
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Sanchez is a POS. Does that help?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Barring injury, having them on the same team should effectively make both of them irrelevant, esp. for fantasy football purposes.

Situational QB timeshares have never proved sustainable, so I expect the Jets to stumble this year.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Barring injury, having them on the same team should effectively make both of them irrelevant, esp. for fantasy football purposes.
          Even if they were on separate teams, I wouldn't draft either one of them as my starting QB
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Even if they were on separate teams, I wouldn't draft either one of them as my starting QB
            In most leagues last year, Tebow was easily a top-10 QB in the games he started.

Also, Mark Sanchez had 6 rushing TD's which boosted him, albeit not to starter status.

But that's exactly how Tebow will hurt Sanchez this year because Sanchez won't get those rushing TD opportunities or the easy passes to his big targets in the redzone.
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 28, 2012, 08:26.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              In most leagues last year, Tebow was easily a top-10 QB in the games he started.
              I don't want simply a top 10 QB. I want an elite QB, and neither one of them falls in that category. Tebow isn't a game breaker in fantasy... guys like Rogers and Brees are.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jerry wants some glory hole!

Comment

• Someone posted this on another forum about the Patriots' offense this year. It could be total BS:

I talked to my HS friend that played in the NFL for a few years and he gave me some good info for fantasy stuff this year. He was at the Lou with Deon Branch, so he always has some insight on them and others like the Flacons, Eagles and Titans. He said the Pats base offense is going to be no huddle with three TEs on the field and Hernandez lining up as the RB. Teams wont be able to sub to defend how the Pats line these guys up.

-Lloyd and Welker will be wide and Shianco/Gronk will be the TEs on the line.
                  -Hernandez will be split as the outside guy with Welker in the slot.
                  -shianco will play fullback with Hernandez as the I back in the redzone in some packages.
                  -Hernandez will also line up as FB in some I formations with Vareen back there.

Comment

• Actually, I can see that happening. Whether true or bull****, it's a pretty good way to shake up some defenses.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Camp reports say that Ridley will be the lead back, but that Hernandez is getting significant work out of the backfield.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Camp reports say that Ridley will be the lead back, but that Hernandez is getting significant work out of the backfield.
                        Hernandez will be an interesting choice as a fantasy TE this year.

Just realized Jets-Pats games will be interesting with former team-mates Tebow and Hernandez lining up all over the place.

Comment

• The Madden team released their initial ratings for QB for Madden 2013. I know I know a video game but these guys do their research so consider this to be like any 'expert' ranking say on NFL.com or ESPN, but with the benefit of a numerical system instead of a straight ranking, so you can get an idea of just how close or far apart guys are:

Top 10 QB's:
                          Rodgers: 99
                          Brady: 98
                          Brees: 98
                          Eli Manning: 97
                          Roethlisberger: 95
                          Peyton Manning: 93
                          Rivers: 92
                          Stafford: 91
                          Romo: 90
                          Vick: 89

Comment

• Eli Manning: 97

Sheli's going to be 99 percent of Brees.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Sheli's going to be 99 percent of Brees.
                              Brees throws a crapload of dump-offs. Eli's a downfield thrower. That difference ought to be kept in mind.

Comment

• Brees throws a crapload of dump-offs. Eli's a downfield thrower. That difference ought to be kept in mind.
                                Yeah, go ahead and draft Eli ahead of Brees.

Career Y/A = 7.4 Brees
                                Career Y/A = 7.0 Eli
                                Career Y/A = 8.0 Rivers
                                Career Y/A = 8.2 Rodgers
                                Career Y/A = 7.5 Brady
                                Career Y/A = 8.0 Roethlisberger
                                Career Y/A = 8.0 Romo

One of these things is not like the others.
                                One of these things just doesn't belong...

Clearly Eli is the dink and dunk passer.
                                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 4, 2012, 20:37.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X