X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
    Exactly.
    LOL.

Jaguars hire former Seahawks DC Gus Bradley as their head coach.

New Jags GM David Caldwell wasn't waiting on his old college chum, 49ers OC Greg Roman, after all. After Bradley was spurned by the Eagles in favor of Chip Kelly, he lands on his feet with a team that arguably has just as much talent. Bradley, who broke into the NFL as a defensive assistant under Monte Kiffin with the 2006 Bucs, has overseen a Seahawks defense that went from 27th to 9th to 4th in total yardage over the last three seasons. This year, they allowed the fewest points in the league. The aggressive hybrid 4-3 maven will have a crucial decision to make on his offensive coordinator -- there are plenty of toys to work with here in the form of Maurice Jones-Drew, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon and Marcedes Lewis.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter - Jan 17 - 8:01 AM
    And predictably, we're down to just Arizona picking through the leftovers.

I think they should hire Arians.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Why would Arians agree to go there? He's a hot commodity, give or take, I'd think. Stay with Indy, have success again (maybe?), get a good job next year. I assumed some of the reason he hadn't been hired yet was he only wanted possibly a few jobs and wasn't that excited to leave. ARI is interviewing him, but I just don't see why anyone good would want that job.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Head coaching gigs are hard to come by. The good ones are even tougher to get, as that's the kind of thing that will attract people like Cowher.

Bruce Arians is 60. His shelf life is becoming an issue. After this year's success, he'll never be a more attractive candidate than he is today. And I'm pretty sure he realizes it.

If he doesn't go to Arizona, he'll be stuck hanging out in Indy until Pagano dies or retires. Not a bad option, I guess.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Problem is, if you end up at random_****ty_team, you might be screwed for a while. You want to be a head coach when you can predict your best possible record is about 16-32 and then fired after year 3? I'd want to at least have a team with a QB that's not a complete idiot. Perhaps Kolb can be that QB, but I'm not convinced.

He has at least 5 more years to get a decent HC spot. He could easily get somewhere like TB or StL or NYJ, somewhere where he'll have a shot at a winning record in the first couple of years. Hold out, Bruce, hold out!

Comment

• Browns hire ex-Chargers coach Turner as OC

The Cleveland Browns announced six additions to coach Rob Chudzinski's coaching staff Thursday, headlined by Norv Turner, who was named the team's offensive coordinator.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• As an OC, he's decent enough.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Anyone else expecting the Patriots to lose to San Francisco in a few weeks?
                Nope.

Re your loverboy: Word is Tebow regressed badly in NY. Regressing from a point where you can beat non-playoff bound teams by one TD or less via a fourth quarter comeback while getting schooled by teams with playoff-level records is not a good thing. Oh, to be nice to Tebow, he did have a two score win against the non-playoff bound Raiders. Yep, the miracle season, a single two-score win against a non-playoff bound team. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, boys, the NFL is changed forever. If you remember, the Broncos slid into the division on their asses (8-8 record to win a division, puhleeze ) on a 3 game losing streak, getting schooled by the Patriots and Bills then squeezing out a solid 7-3 loss to the Chiefs. They barely beat a banged up Steelers team that did not look like the real Steelers in the least. Then got schooled again.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Dan Quinn replaces Gus Bradley as Seahawks DC
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; January 17, 2013, 19:36.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I have a feeling that Fisher will get the Rams turned around by his 3rd year, so I wouldn't put that program down as a possible landing spot for an aging Arians.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Well, who knows, any of those might not be open in 3 years. But if you list a bunch of jobs where there's a decent chance one opens, some of them will open

Comment

• Trestman excited about 'marriage' with Cutler

So does Trestman get to have part-time rights with Kristin Cavallari?

Comment

• Browns hire ex-Chargers coach Turner as OC

Has Ohtani become too valuable at the plate to continue pitching? Here is what the numbers say.
                          That didn't take long. Who would have expected Norv to get fired and rehired before Lovie?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Me. Kinda says something about Lovie, doesn't it?
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Whoa. Cool!

Telesco as GM - McCoy as Head Coach and Whisenhunt at OC!

Awesome!
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Me. Kinda says something about Lovie, doesn't it?
                                Yeah, it does. Wow, the Chargers got everything they wanted. A great OC, a decent coach and a good GM.

Comment

Working...
                                X