No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you get something new to be dull about?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      The whole situation is bizarre. Jets players were criticizing Tebow mid-season. Have you ever heard of players criticizing a backup QB to the media? I mean do you really see players criticizing each other to the media to begin with, let alone a backup?

Look at Merrill Hoge's antics.

Tebow makes people go completely insane with hatred. It's mind-boggling.

As for his usage, Sloww, former Jets Special Teams coach Mike Westhoff had this to say:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-mess/1826837/
      Its because Tebow is a ****ing poison pill of fandom.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Unlike many, I thought this game (Baltimore - Denver) would be close.....so I'm not surprised by a tie game at half time.....I didn't guess 21-21 at half time however!
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• 2 TD returns for Trindon Holliday. Pretty amazing.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow, apparently the NFL wants Manning to win. Who knew? Fix.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• OMG. Un****ingbelievable. Quite a game.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Wow, apparently the NFL wants Manning to win. Who knew? Fix.
                I assume you're referring to the defensive holding call on 3rd down. Dude, they were already in field goal range.
                If the fix was in, there would have been an offensive holding call on the Ravens' miracle TD play.
                Now STFU and watch.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• They don't even try with time on the clock and two time outs?? With Peyton at QB?

Comment

• Tebow can win a playoff game with the Broncos. Peyton can't.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That Denver loss was 100% Peyton Manning's -- 4 turnovers.

Comment

• I assume you're referring to the defensive holding call on 3rd down. Dude, they were already in field goal range.
                        If the fix was in, there would have been an offensive holding call on the Ravens' miracle TD play.
                        Now STFU and watch.
                        The one on third down that gave Manning a fresh set of downs? No - they were outside - on the 40. Terrible call. Angered the football Gods they did.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Woot! Ravens win!!

Manning's last play of the season? Interception!!

When Tucker came out on the field, all I could think of was last years end...where they missed a field goal that could have won the game (I wonder how many people in Baltimore thought the same thing?).
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• So far, I have zero players eliminated!

Comment

• Denver done goofed

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 12, 2013, 22:10.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                The one on third down that gave Manning a fresh set of downs? No - they were outside - on the 40. Terrible call. Angered the football Gods they did.
                                They were on the 40 when it was first down. At the time of the penalty, it was 3rd and 3 from the 33. Definitely well within Prater's range.

You could look it up, but I guess that would be inconvenient.

Comment

Working...
                                X