No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's there. Believe me, he's there. The man is insane.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• They needed a scapegoat and Jerry couldn't possibly fire his offensive genius and long-time Cowboy, Jason Garrett. So Rob and his Ryanesque ego had to go!
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hah, I would love to see Philly and Lovie. Just hope Telasco has him stay far, far away from the Chargers.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Buffalo was Lovie's best chance at a head coaching gig for 2013.
          He will likely be the Rooney Rule interview in San Diego.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Attached Files
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Good luck with that...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• They couldn't put Peyton Manning there, because Peyton Manning is from the south, you see. Edit and Matt Ryan is from Pennsylvania! What a dumb graphic.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  They couldn't put Peyton Manning there, because Peyton Manning is from the south, you see. Edit and Matt Ryan is from Pennsylvania! What a dumb graphic.
                  You're a ****
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Hard to see... They need the green and white.

Comment

• I recall a major debate we had last year when the Colts were going to get the #1 pick as to what they should do. Not sure there was a clear consensus but now that a year has passed.....has anyone changed their minds?

Luck has had an awesome year for the Colts, so I can't blame them for cutting P. Manning and playing Luck.
                      P. Manning has had an awesome year (and it's not over yet) for the Broncos, so I can't blame Denver for signing him (and trading Tebow )

Looking back though, I don't understand why the Colts couldn't have traded Manning (to the Broncos or otherwise)....but I'm admit my ignorance of NFL Free Agency rules and the like anyway....it doesn't seem like there are many trades in the NFL (it seems most of the players are cut from one team and picked up by another), I assume there is a reason?

It has me wondering what the Broncos would have given up? Given what they got for Tebow, and what the Raiders gave up for Palmer, I would think even an injured (potentially at the time of the signing) Manning should have garnered a player or two, or draft picks in exchange?

What am I missing?
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Contracts. If it's a trade - they have to eat salary. Easier to cut + renegotiate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]173223[/ATTACH]
                          I approve

Seahawks got this.

I have no idea why Ben brought up Peyton Manning. Matt Ryan isn't just from Pennsylvania. He's from Philly. He went to Penn Charter.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• But he got over it.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Aww ****

“I can’t imagine a scenario where he’d be a Jacksonville Jaguar,” Caldwell said when asked about Tebow on Thursday.

Comment

• That should be it for Tebow's career as a QB in the NFL.
                                Jacksonville was his last hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X