NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ben is trolling again.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Speaking of Manning, if Wilson gets 2 TDs next week, he'll break the Rookie Passing TD mark set by Peyton back in 1998; a record that has stood for 14 years rather than just 1 like the passing yardage record.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          Ben is trolling again.
          Gave me a new signature
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Also, RG3 is RoY. As much as I love Wilson RG3 is outwilsoning Wilson.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Also, RG3 is RoY. As much as I love Wilson RG3 is outwilsoning Wilson.
              Be careful, Albert might accuse you of being fickle. That was his position just last week.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Aside for my personal prefence for Wilson (On Wisconsin!), I'd think that he should get it based on expectations when he was drafted. Luck and RG3 both were expected to do well and neither has really 'exceeded' expectations; at least not when compared to Wilson. Wilson's expactations was to hold a clipboard.
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Speaking of Manning, if Wilson gets 2 TDs next week, he'll break the Rookie Passing TD mark set by Peyton back in 1998; a record that has stood for 14 years rather than just 1 like the passing yardage record.
                  Other than Cam, how many others broke the rookie passing record since Peyton put up 3.7k?

Luck himself has 20 TDs.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'd think that he should get it based on expectations when he was drafted. Luck and RG3 both were expected to do well and neither has really 'exceeded' expectations; at least not when compared to Wilson. Wilson's expactations was to hold a clipboard.
                    So we should give class Valedictorian to the 'most improved' student?

Comment

Other than Cam, how many others broke the rookie passing record since Peyton put up 3.7k?
                      What's your point? If it's that Luck deserves ROY because he set a rookie record (and now I'm assuming Wilson gets his 2 TDs next week) just like Wilson? Tell me this then, what's more impressive, breaking a record that has stood for 1 year or a record that has stood for 14 years?

Comment

So we should give class Valedictorian to the 'most improved' student?
                        Bad analogy. Valedictorian has a pretty clear deciding factor. ROY not so much.

Comment

• What's your point?
                          That there's not much substantive difference between both records. Peyton Manning destroyed both of them.

If it's that Luck deserves ROY because he set a rookie record (and now I'm assuming Wilson gets his 2 TDs next week) just like Wilson?
                          You keep ignoring the point. Luck has 4000+ yards passing. Wilson doesn't even have 3000 yards passing. Luck is putting up numbers that put him right up there with the top NFL QBs, rookie or no rookie. Wilson? Not so much.

Tell me this then, what's more impressive, breaking a record that has stood for 1 year or a record that has stood for 14 years?
                          Answer my question first and I'll answer yours. What is more impressive, a 99 yard drive capped with a 1 yard TD run, or a 1 yard TD throw into the endzone to cap off a 60 yard rush?

Comment

• Bad analogy. Valedictorian has a pretty clear deciding factor. ROY not so much.
                            Does it? It's the perfect analogy. If you believe that it's more important to recognize a student for exceeding expectations, what does that tell the kids who worked hard all the time? Slack off and you'll be rewarded? Damn straight it does.

Is Luck the best QB based on yardage? By far. Is yardage the most team independent measure of his contribution on the field? Also yes.

Comment

• Yards aren't team independent though, and not only that we have advanced stats that are better measures than yards.

Comment

• Fine, I'll play a little bit in the Beniverse (I won't stay, I don't like the color... or colour... whatever).

A 99 yard drive capped by a 1 yard TD run is a more impressive than a 60 yard rush capped by a 1 yard TD pass. There. I answered, but it is a stupid question because it is not relevant to the disscussion we're having.

Now answer mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X