No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson shouldn't be Rookie of the Year? East Coast bias afflicts the Seahawks again?

Now he throws a pick as soon as I posted this...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Luck > Wilson. Luck's also broken the single season throwing record, and will throw for over 4000 yards, becoming the first rookie to do so. He's a lock for Rookie of the year.

For those of you playing at home, that's more yards in his rookie season than Vick has ever done, rushing + throwing.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        and will throw for over 4000 yards, becoming the first rookie to do so.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Just saying...

August 25:

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Russell Wilson went 13/19 for 185yds 2 scores and ran for 58 rushing as a starter last night...

He's better than Matt Flynn. There's no way Pete Carroll names Flynn the starter. He has a potential rookie of the year in Wilson.

Through three total NFL games, Wilson has completed 35 of 56 passes for 464 yards, five touchdowns, one interception, and he has the NFL's best preseason quarterback rating at 119.4.
          Plus he has a ton of rushing yards. Dude's way too good to sit on the bench, regardless of what they're paying Flynn.

In response, Jrabbit posted:

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Maybe you missed it, but they've already given the ROY to Andrew Luck.

Comment

• Ben doesn't let facts get in the way of his posts. Proving he's wrong with verifiable facts will just result in a long retort that will surmize as "Blah blah blah I'm not listening blah blah blah".
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Ah, he needs like 70 yards in his last game to pass Cam for most rookie passing yards. Like Cam had it locked down last year - Luck has it locked down this year. Russell is good and RGIII is good, but Luck is better.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben doesn't let facts get in the way of his posts. Proving he's wrong with verifiable facts will just result in a long retort that will surmize as "Blah blah blah I'm not listening blah blah blah".
                You were awful quick to solicit my advice when it suited you.

Comment

• And I will continue to too, thank you very much.

But I'm also going to call a spade a spade when I see it. You said "Luck's also broken the single season throwing record, and will throw for over 4000 yards, becoming the first rookie to do so.". There are two things wrong out of the three you stated there. Luck did not break the single season throwing record, he broke the Rookie Passing Record. And, as Alby pointed out with picture of Cam Newton, he will not be the first rookie to throw for more than 4000 yards. He will be the second.
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Seahawks blow out yet another team... only this time it's the 49ers

Bill Simmons picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl this preseason.

Comment

• But I'm also going to call a spade a spade when I see it. You said "Luck's also broken the single season throwing record, and will throw for over 4000 yards, becoming the first rookie to do so.".
                      Goddamn. You can't possibly be this stupid. Why would I have put that he was the 'first rookie to throw for 4k yards if I wasn't referring to the rookie throwing record?

There are two things wrong out of the three you stated there. Luck did not break the single season throwing record, he broke the Rookie Passing Record. And, as Alby pointed out with picture of Cam Newton, he will not be the first rookie to throw for more than 4000 yards. He will be the second.
                      Christ. Goddamn.

Reread what you wrote. Say it out loud.

Luck doesn't yet have 4000 yards. He's about 70 short of Cam's throwing total from last season who threw just over 4k. I had forgotten about Cam, and I didn't think he had thrown over 4k yards.

Comment

• Why do we have to do your homework? Luck has 4183 yards and is the 2nd rookie to throw for over 4000 yards. So, basically, your response really was "Blah blah blah I'm not listening blah blah blah."

I not commenting on it any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Luck doesn't yet have 4000 yards.
                          Umm... you know he played today, right?

Comment

• Russell Wilson's Seahawks are up 42-6 with under 2 minutes to go off of four Russell Wilson touchdown passes.

Wilson leads all rookie passers in passing touchdowns and is knocking on the rookie record of 26 set by Peyton Manning. Wilson stands at 25.

Again, I ask, why not RotY?

Comment

• Why do we have to do your homework? Luck has 4183 yards and is the 2nd rookie to throw for over 4000 yards. So, basically, your response really was "Blah blah blah I'm not listening blah blah blah."

So you're saying I was right. TYVM.

I rest my case, you were just being a ****.

Because you look like a moron? Helloooo, earth to Donegal. We have been talking about rookies for awhile now...

Comment

• SF mailed it in.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X