No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for Chargers fans as well. Norv is out, finally.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Norv is out, finally.
      You state that like it's the gospel truth but I checked espn.com, NFL.com and the Chargers website and couldn't find anywhere that he has been fired. Is this something you are still hoping for or do you have the inside scoop on everyone else?

(And before you say it, I agree that he should be fired, but until he actually is, I don't think I would state that it is "finally"...as it hasn't yet happened.)

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• You state that like it's the gospel truth but I checked espn.com, NFL.com and the Chargers website and couldn't find anywhere that he has been fired. Is this something you are still hoping for or do you have the inside scoop on everyone else?
        Yeah it is going to happen.

(And before you say it, I agree that he should be fired, but until he actually is, I don't think I would state that it is "finally"...as it hasn't yet happened.)
        Well I'm sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben has a direct link to God, don't forget. God is omniscient, so he can get the scoop on everyone
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I never understood Donte Stallworth. Apparently a ton of teams think he's good enough to roster because he's played for the Saints, Eagles, Patriots x2 (really x3 since he was cut in the preseason), Browns, Ravens, and Redskins, but no one seems to keep him more than a year. Strange that someone could be good enough to always get work but not good enough that a team is willing to keep him around.

If Braylon Edwards plays somewhere in 2013, he'd be the same type of player.
            He's like a number 7 receiver. Not needed when your top options are all healthy, and too old and veteran to justify full time unless you're short that year, but looks damned good when your depth chart disappears, because you've got a known commodity who has learned several different systems and been around the block, without the attitude problems associated with some players.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              And for Chargers fans as well. Norv is out, finally.
              And even better, A. J. Smith will get the axe too, according to local reports.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                You state that like it's the gospel truth but I checked espn.com, NFL.com and the Chargers website and couldn't find anywhere that he has been fired. Is this something you are still hoping for or do you have the inside scoop on everyone else?

Word is it will be after the season - there's no point to doing it now, it's futile. A.J.Smith will go too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                  What team do you think has the best shot at playing a "meaningful*" game in Week 17?

* "meaningful" can be whatever definition you care to give it (making the playoffs, playing for home field advantage, getting a wild card spot, getting the #1 pick in the draft).
                  Both Patriots and Texans could have meaninful games. I'd rather watch the AFC championship in Foxboro than in Houston. (assuming Texans win out their remaining games and make the AFC championship) January football in Foxboro is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    Eagles try to make it a game with CIN, then have 3 fumbles in 4 plays, including a muffed kickoff return (don't see that often). CIN turns those into 17 points to go up big. One of those days for the three Eagles fans remaining...
                    Yup. Definitely Vick's fault.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ben has a direct link to God, don't forget. God is omniscient, so he can get the scoop on everyone
                      Yep. God is a Chargers fan, he's quite fond of the lightning.

And even better, A. J. Smith will get the axe too, according to local reports.
                      AJ was the source of Norv in the first place. Fitting they ride out in the sunset together.

Comment

• Norv is one of those guys who does well as a coordinator, but can't translate it to managing all sides of the ball. One huge difference in team concept is how much do you hear about New England's GM and front office? Their job is to sign the pieces Belichick wants to put in his system. A.J. is not only an ******* for the sake of being an *******, but he also micromanaged too much and expected that the head coach would lick his boots and follow his ever-brilliant directives. I think Norv wouldn't make the grade regardless, but he would have done better under almost any other GM.

Comment

• Yeah, I miss the 2004 team with Schotty. Now we'll finally see what took 8 years to fix. Who are your bets for Head Coach and GM? Pagano should stay, the Defense has played well this year.

Comment

• I don't know. It's really had to figure with Spanos' decision making. I'd actually love to see a different ownership group come in, because I think Spanos is just erratic, except for that deal he milked out of the city and the threats to take the team elsewhere. Personally, I think there's a lot of argument to be made for getting a new stadium when you tend to bring in revenue from playing in January on a regular basis. With Peyton Manning's at least temporary resurgence in Denver, and personnel/spending decisions by ownership, I think we're back to days where perpetually going 8-8 on the year is considered (by some) to be a good season. I miss the days when you had the Patriots coming out here, but interdivision games are scheduled on prior year rank in division, so unless the Chargers step up and win some divisional titles, I'll have to go to Foxboro to have a regular chance to see the Patriots live.

Comment

• I don't know. It's really had to figure with Spanos' decision making. I'd actually love to see a different ownership group come in, because I think Spanos is just erratic, except for that deal he milked out of the city and the threats to take the team elsewhere.
                              Would be nice. This will probably be the most significant time in the last 10 years other than the Schotty firing to determine the direction of the team. They did do a good job fixing things the last time they were terrible, and let's be honest here - they are a mediocre team now, but they certainly aren't a 5-8 team. It's not like they have been getting draft picks every year.

Fix the O-Line and this team should be ok. The real change needs to come from the coach, from the attitude. I've heard Billick and Chuckie thrown about, but I have no idea about the GM. Isn't Polian available?

Personally, I think there's a lot of argument to be made for getting a new stadium when you tend to bring in revenue from playing in January on a regular basis.
                              There hasn't been a new stadium for football built in CA for going on 50 years now. The money just isn't there. Personally, San Antonio Chargers is a perfect name.

so unless the Chargers step up and win some divisional titles, I'll have to go to Foxboro to have a regular chance to see the Patriots live.
                              There is a chance that Hobo Bill won't finish first either,

Comment

• Norv is to Offense what Wade Phillips is to Defense. Outstanding when they stay within their specialties, but if the Peter Principle takes over, look out.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X