No announcement yet.

Poly IDP League 2011 - Official Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a couple key starters coming back from injuries, my team certainly has question marks. I just disagree with certain statements. Suggesting that snoop's RB5 (Cadillac or McCluster) is better than my RB2, DeAngelo Williams, is just factually wrong. Maybe that was just hyperbole.

Ben's overall analysis? It could be spot on; I do agree with a couple of the playoff teams he names. But overall, I think it was fast and flippant, and reflects certain biases.

FWIW, I appreciate the effort. We do need plenty of chat to bridge us through to the start of the season.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If you're expecting commentary without bias, I think you might want to look somewhere other than Apolyton
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        FWIW, I appreciate the effort. We do need plenty of chat to bridge us through to the start of the season.
        Agreed. I don't have to agree with anyones analysis to enjoy reading them If I felt more confident in my own analysis I would give it, but hope others will

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          If you're expecting commentary without bias, I think you might want to look somewhere other than Apolyton
          Expecting? Certainly not.

Maybe I should try to find the time. For I am a true seer.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, you're a real brainiac. What no one talks about is that an injury or two and the whole thing shifts. Personally, I hope Vick is crippled.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• My "analyses" in the past were always flippant, random, and highly biased.
              "

Comment

• My, what a surprise.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Personally, I hope Vick is crippled.
                  Slowwy's gone soft.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• FWIW, I appreciate the effort.
                    Cool. Thanks JR.

Just my opinion out there. I expect this to be a changing of the guard.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                      Like I said, I wasn't thrilled with having the #1 overall pick. Many players crossed my mind, including Foster and Peterson, but I felt that--under this league's scoring system--Peyton gave me the most solid foundation to build a team around
                      And with him missing game one, still a solid pick....if he misses much more....not so sure. How many games does he have to miss before Zopperoni wishes he had gone another way with the #1?

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• That depends a lot on Stafford, his backup. But in general, I think missing 3 games (including the bye) is marginally acceptable.

When I draft a QB in the first round, it's generally with the expectation that he will never see the bench (other than the bye). That's why I didn't draft Vick or Manning in any of my three leagues. (In one league, I had a shot a Vick at #15 overall and still passed.)

Comment

• Same here although I've never had an early first rounder.

Comment

• It's overrated. I'm not a fan of watching 18 or 22 guys fly off the board before I get my 2nd player. OTOH, the twin picks on the swing gives you a big advantage in R3 and R5, plus some really interesting options throughout the draft.

My rule of thumb is that there are always 50 great players at the top of the draft, and all you have to do is avoid the disasters in those early rounds. I'll often drop a guy down (or off) my top-50 board due to injury concerns.

Comment

• I felt like I was fighting my placement every round.

Comment

• Really? You seem to draft in the 10-12 spot every year and watch the draft so interactively, I figured you were on top of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X