Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "All Mike Williams" team is good.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• League started, good luck.
      "

Comment

• Can you approve of the trade?

Thanks for setting it up EPW.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I read the evaluations of the DST teams done by snoopy, Mrt & Al b Sure with interest and hoped that some of the learned football minds of Apolyton would give some thoughts and evaluations of IDP.

Any chance?

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• My team is best but will be managed into mediocrity.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• When I have some free time I will. (That means either when I'm watching the baby late at night, or ... never, the way work has been going).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I read the evaluations of the DST teams done by snoopy, Mrt & Al b Sure with interest and hoped that some of the learned football minds of Apolyton would give some thoughts and evaluations of IDP.
                Ok.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Sparrow:

Josh Freeman (QB)
                  Hakeem Nicks (WR2)
                  Deshaun Jackson (WR1)
                  Ray Rice (RB1)
                  Rashard Mendenhall (RB2)
                  Vernon Davis (TE1)
                  Knowshawn Moreno (FLEX)

Strengths:

RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE1. This is the core of Sparrow's team here. Not a bad core eaither as he's got 5 of his 7 positions locked up.

Weaknesses:

QB, QB, QB. Freeman? Really? A team that gave up an early draft choice for a QB going with Freeman is an interesting and controversial decision. This league has been won with this strategy previous, as EPW did with Matt Schaub and loading up the bombs. However is Freeman the next Schaub? No.

Also, there were better backups available than Cassell. You could have drafted someone in the very last round and gotten a better QB in Henne over Cassel, who went very late in the draft.

Also, Flex is weak. Only RB backup is Rashad Jennings, so an injury to Rice, or Mendenhall will really hurt your team. 3 backup WRs are decent, with Floyd, Garcon and Knox, so you should be ok there. Pettigrew is a waste of a slot.

Defense: Ware and Greenway are solid picks. But two backup LBs? and a backup S? By my count that's 4 xlots that could be used to actually have another RB backup.

Comment

• Dallas Dwarf Tossers IDP

QB Sam Bradford StL (4)
                    RB Jamaal Charles KC (1)
                    RB Darren McFadden OAK (2)
                    WR Reggie Wayne Ind (3)
                    WR Dez Bryant DAL (5)
                    TE Rob Gronkowski NE (16)
                    W/R Marques Colston WR NO (6)
                    K Sebastian Janikowski K OAK (20)
                    DB Quintin Mikell StL (12)
                    DB Pat Chung NE (13)
                    DL Jared Allen MIN (10)
                    LB Barrett Rudd TEN (8)
                    LB James Laurinaitis StL (9)

BN Michael Bush RB OAK (7)
                    BN Ndamukong Suh DL DET (11)
                    BN Kyle Orton QB DEN (14)
                    BN DeMarco Murray RB DAL (15)
                    BN Roy Williams WR CHI (17)
                    BN James Farrior LB PIT (18)
                    BN Antoine Bethea DB (IND) (19)
                    BN Jacoby Jones WR HOU (21)
                    BN Visanthe Shiancoe TE MIN (22)
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Again, the Fireman, as he tells us, one of the best drafters out there. Is this his year?

Survey says...

Eli Manning (QB1)
                      Stevie Johnson (WR1)
                      Santana Moss (WR2)
                      Arian Foster (RB1)
                      Steven Jackson (RB2)
                      Brent Celek (TE1)
                      Joseph Addai (RB3)

For RB depth, this is probably the strongest team. Carnell was a steal. Should have taken him myself over some of the other choices. Hightower and Carnell as backups is stupid deep. So Snoopy is going to be extra strong on his bye weeks. Defense is quite strong possibly the strongest on the league, so he's going to be picking up people all year.

Britt and Bess aren't bad at WR, so his depth is there. Strength is RB and Defense and overall depth of his team.

Weaknesses:

QB, QB, QB, QB, QB. Eli isn't going to get you into the playoffs. Again. I know snoopy is bound and determined to get there but Eli and the Rapists are too far behind the top tier QBs to get wins against those teams.

My evaluation, is that Snoopy did probably the best of us at making use of his picks, with the exception of getting good value at QB. So the problem with his draft wasn't execution but evalution. Yeah you can get by with Eli, but he'll cost you in the crunch. So, middle performance, falling behind in the early going, picking up wins late in the year but won't be enough to catch the top teams.

Comment

• Slowwhand:

QB Sam Bradford StL (4)
                        RB Jamaal Charles KC (1)
                        RB Darren McFadden OAK (2)
                        WR Reggie Wayne Ind (3)
                        WR Dez Bryant DAL (5)
                        TE Rob Gronkowski NE (16)
                        W/R Marques Colston WR NO (6)
                        K Sebastian Janikowski K OAK (20)
                        DB Quintin Mikell StL (12)
                        DB Pat Chung NE (13)
                        DL Jared Allen MIN (10)
                        LB Barrett Rudd TEN (8)
                        LB James Laurinaitis StL (9)

BN Michael Bush RB OAK (7)
                        BN Ndamukong Suh DL DET (11)
                        BN Kyle Orton QB DEN (14)
                        BN DeMarco Murray RB DAL (15)
                        BN Roy Williams WR CHI (17)
                        BN James Farrior LB PIT (18)
                        BN Antoine Bethea DB (IND) (19)
                        BN Jacoby Jones WR HOU (21)
                        BN Visanthe Shiancoe TE MIN (22)

Strengths:

Slowwy, I love you man, but you've got a lot of holes. RB1, and RB2, and WR1, and WR2 are absolute studs. I love Colston at WR2, and I wish I had the twin punch of Charles and McFadden. Defense is solid too.

Weakness. Sensing a pattern? QB, QB, QB, QB, QB. Bradford? Also Flex competition between Bush and Dez isn't very strong. If Demarco turns out good, you'll be ok for depth, but as an RB4, I'm not really happy with the team. I have gone with WR3 teams before, and I just find that they aren't consistant enough.

Comment

• Here's a bit of a shocker. Deviations.

Potential contender for the championship.

QB1 - Tom Brady. Hate the man, good solid QB.
                          WR1 - Brandon Marshall. Another player that I don't like. Has the potential to be a top tier WR.
                          WR2 - Brandon Lloyd. A bit of a sleeper here.
                          RB1 - Matt Forte.
                          RB2 - Ahmad Bradshaw
                          RB3 - Jahvid Best.

He can't be unhappy with his team here. Good QB, Solid enough RBs, and serviceable WRs.

Solid defense as well. I wish my defense looked like that.

Weaknesses. Depth. He's got no bench. He's ok on paper if his guys step up and perform, but if they don't? This could turn out ugly.

Comment

• Tuberski:

Not really sure I *get* this team, but ok.

Rodgers - QB1 solid
                            Miles Austin - WR1 - Solild
                            Mike Williams - solid.
                            RB1 - Legarrette Blunt - Weak
                            RB2 - Felix Jones - ok
                            TE1 - Mercedes Lewis - solid
                            Flex - Reggie Bush - weak.

Strengths - depth, Rodgers. WRs

Weaknesses - where to start? RB. Jones ok, Blunt and Bush are really weak for starters. The backups and WR depth is there, but nothing really stands out to me as exceptional, beyond Rodgers. Maybe somebody else will get this team more then I do, but I really don't understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Here's a bit of a shocker. Deviations.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I was wondering where all the good players were hiding. Zopp.

QB - Peyton Manning
                                RB1 - Frank Gore
                                RB2 - Peyton Hillis
                                TE1 - Gates
                                WR1 - Collie
                                WR2 - Manningham
                                Flex - Damned if I know. MSW at present.

Strengths - QB1, RB1, RB2, TE, Defense

Weaknesses, Flex. Different problem from some of the other teams. He's got no in betweeners to fill the flex, lots of high-lo guys.

Zopps gonna be a playoff performer but that flex is going to piss him off every week.

I wish I had Zopps team.

Comment

Working...
                                X