Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, Harrison has a brain tumor that was discovered by the physical.

Holy ****.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Wow.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I hope he gets well.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Huh? What the ****? Where do you get it's a wash?
          The Eagles could have easily been 1-4 with Kolb. Wasn't this supposed to be their superbowl run?

Vick throws more TD passes and adds 62 yards per game rushing! He is more accurate, throws deeper downfield, and more likely to throw a TD! He also gets sacked half as often, with that offensive line!
          But he's also getting paid, much, much more. If I'm paying top dollar I want top dollar production.

The only issue with Vick is his INT% is 4.0% compared to 3.5%! In fact, on a per game basis, Kolb has more fumbles (1.2 per game vs. 1.1 per game)!
          INT pct is one of the few team independent measures.

So we're talking Kolb with 2.4 turnovers per game and Vick with 2.5, which is pretty close, and more than made up for by the fact that Vick throws more TDs, is half as likely to get sacked, and runs the ball!
          TD percentage is a function of the team.

HOW THE **** IS IT A WASH?!
          Both are well down the list.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• You're retarded, Ben.

And Kolb is hardly playing for peanuts. Arizona gave him a big contract.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Team of destiny!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• How much each is getting paid is irrelevant when discussing which is better.

And Ben, int% is NOT team independant. In the NFL, it is probably more team dependant than in college because how many int's are thrown because of WR error?
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• And Ben, int% is NOT team independant. In the NFL, it is probably more team dependant than in college because how many int's are thrown because of WR error?
                  QBs are generally pretty consistent with their INT ratios over their career.

Comment

• That's because QBs who have careers long enough to matter tend to play on the same team for the majority of that career.
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                      That's because QBs who have careers long enough to matter tend to play on the same team for the majority of that career.
                      To corroborate this, I was just looking over the per season INT% of some recent journeymen:

Kurt Warner: As high as 5.2% with the 2000 Rams; As low as 1.4% with the 2004 Giants.
                      Vinny Testaverde: As high as 7.5% with the 1988 Bucs; As low as 1.0% with the 2003 Jets
                      Jeff Garcia: As high as 3.6% with the 2004 Browns; As low as 1.1% with the 2006 Eagles
                      Daunte Culpepper: As high as 5.6% with the 2005 Vikings; As low as 2.0% with the 2004 Vikings

Looks like there's quite a lot of variation.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I love how the stats CLEARLY show that Vick's performance has been better than Kolb... he's been better by every measure except INT% (4.0 vs. 3.5, so not really that big of a difference even), and adds a lot of value with his rushing.... and yet, Ben is a liar.

Comment

• Ben is alot of things, but he's not a liar. He just refuses to accept things he doesn't want to believe despite proof and facts.

Comment

• I love how the stats CLEARLY show that Vick's performance has been better than Kolb... he's been better by every measure except INT% (4.0 vs. 3.5, so not really that big of a difference even), and adds a lot of value with his rushing.... and yet, Ben is a liar.
                            Vick's not significantly better. Yes, he is slightly better, but the distinction and the sample size leads me to believe that it's a wash.

Comment

• Kurt Warner: As high as 5.2% with the 2000 Rams; As low as 1.4% with the 2004 Giants.
                              Vinny Testaverde: As high as 7.5% with the 1988 Bucs; As low as 1.0% with the 2003 Jets
                              Jeff Garcia: As high as 3.6% with the 2004 Browns; As low as 1.1% with the 2006 Eagles
                              Daunte Culpepper: As high as 5.6% with the 2005 Vikings; As low as 2.0% with the 2004 Vikings
                              One, journeymen will have larger cones.

Two, longer careers will have larger cones.

Three, you need more than just the high and low value to establish a pattern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                                How much each is getting paid is irrelevant when discussing which is better.

And Ben, int% is NOT team independant. In the NFL, it is probably more team dependant than in college because how many int's are thrown because of WR error?
                                More than you evidently think. The QB has to throw to a place the play is designed to connect. He can't wait until the WR makes his break and is open. He has to anticipate to a large degree, reading the positions of the defense.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X