Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go with Jacksonville for first pick.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Some of these teams just drafted a qb within the last 2 years. Who to you think would trade the #1 Pick away and who would trade in for it?
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• That's an interesting question. Under the new CBA, those top draft picks are not the economic albatross that they had grown into over the past decade or so. It is now much more economically feasible to trade up.

I always thought it was bizarre that the old "draft value chart" (developed by Jerry Jones IIRC) never changed, despite the huge disparity in price tags that had developed between top-10 and later picks.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Chiefs have Denver and the AFC West isn't that strong this year.

My vote is for Minnesota. They have the Pack, Bears and the Lions.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I disagree if you look at RB performance against the Lions this season. The tricky thing is they're in the middle of the pack in terms of rushing yards given up but a sizable portion of those rushing yards are from QB's, WR's on end arounds, and hybrid WR/RB's like Dexter McCluster and Percy Harvin.

Check it:
            vs. Tampa: RB's Blount and Graham were held to 11 carries for 28 yards combined; Josh Freeman picked up 26 on 4 rushes while backup QB Josh Johnson had a 2 yard gain.
            vs. KC: KC's RB platoon sans McCluster had 20 rushes for 88 yards; McCluster alone picked up 51 on 8 carries while Dwayne Bowe had a 12 yarder.
            vs. Minnesota: AP and Gerhart went 19 for 80 while McNabb had 2 for 11 and hybrid Percy Harvin picked up 41 on only 2 carries.

So through those first 3 games, Detroit gave up 339 yards on the ground but only 196 to actual pure RB's.

You didn't prove their pass rush was worse than their run rush. At this point in the season their starting linemen have the same amount of tackles combined as Steven Tulloch and don't crack the top 5 of tackles on a team. Cleveland has two D linemen in the top 5, less yards per attempt, and the same amount of TDs. Also, unlike some other teams, Detroits linemen account for more than 75% of their sacks.

And furthermore, you just can't toss out data that doesn't fit your conclusion. It's like saying that a team that can't stop Vick or Newton or Steve Young from running still has a great run defense as if those yards gained magically happened. Great run defenses stop runs period.
            Last edited by MRT144; October 4, 2011, 17:49.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• In the context of what we were discussing (Dallas' decision to not run, run, run in the 4th quarter), my assessment that it's hard for RB's to run on Detroit was relevant. You understand?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Repeating: It's not your point that's in dispute (by me at least); it's the pathetic attempt at proving it that was a massive fail.

I don't expect the Bears to run up the middle with any success next Monday.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wrong thread
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    In the context of what we were discussing (Dallas' decision to not run, run, run in the 4th quarter), my assessment that it's hard for RB's to run on Detroit was relevant. You understand?
                    If it's so hard why did they amass 4.2 ypc? You dont need to contextualize the fact that tashard choice actually got yards on actual runs against a defensive line.

And my initial claim is that their run rush isn't as good as their pass rush. You can't refute that.

Comment

• It looks like Miami has just become the front-runner... they'll be without Henne likely for the year. Looks like Sparano may be gone by year's end after this.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Raiders owner Al Davis has died at 82. The legend, whose NFL career started 60 years ago, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in '92
                        Papa Raider passes on.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I just saw the same thing. Like him or hate him, he was one of the more colorful owners in the league (and one of the best known as a result).

RIP.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The Raiders were a stick in the mud with him around. This can only help the organization, similar to the Bill and Rocky Wertz situation with the Chicago Blackhawks. Regardless, he was iconic, and this is a sad day.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Minnesota will have to work pretty hard to keep up their string of blown leads -- went up by 28-0 vs Arizona this week.

Comment

• Minnesota will have to work pretty hard to keep up their string of blown leads -- went up by 28-0 vs Arizona this week.
                                So much for my prediction. The Colts are killing KC, but KC already has a win.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X