Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is fine, but not probable, they would be likely to get some 1st downs, then punt, really at that point the only enemy is the clock. The reason Detroit got back in is two quick scores and time left to get more. You chew up three minutes and punt, whole different game.

The Cowboys average for the game was 4.2 yards per carry BTW.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Jets with 3 offensive plays in the first quarter. Sanchez is 0-2 with a sack and a fumble.

The still have yet to have a successful play.

First quarter over. 11 yards from scrimmage for the Jets. Sanchez with two fumbles.

3 possessions now. Jets are -3 yards from scrimmage. 26 total yards, 29 in penalties.

Now -13.

4 possessions. Jets have 35 yards and 38 in penalties. Starting their fifth possession. -3 in net yards from scrimmage.

5 possessions. Jets have 38 yards and 44 in penalties. -7.
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 2, 2011, 22:02.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yes but that was inflated by Tashard Choice's 6 for 39. I don't know if anything's changed this year, but Choice usually has come in as a 3rd down and passing down back. Here are his carries:

2nd and 14 at DET 34 T.Choice up the middle to DET 25 for 9 yards (D.Levy)
        3rd and 1 at DET 31 (Shotgun) T.Choice right tackle to DET 17 for 14 yards (S.Tulloch).
        1st and 10 at DAL 21 T.Choice up the middle to DAL 28 for 7 yards (J.Wendling).
        2nd and 3 at DAL 28 T.Choice left guard to DAL 34 for 6 yards (L.Jackson).
        1st and 9 at DET 9 T.Choice left tackle to DET 7 for 2 yards (B.Carpenter; C.Williams).
        2nd and 9 at DAL 4 T.Choice right tackle to DAL 5 for 1 yard (S.Tulloch).

His biggest gains of 14 and 9 yards came out of a shotgun formation and a 2nd and 14 run respectively. Choice did damage when Detroit expected the pass. Felix Jones and Demarco Murray, however, struggled to move the ball, averaging 3.6 and 3.0 yards per carry respectively.

Now the first interception came off the first play of the drive but the second one came after this sequence of plays: Run, Run, Run, 6yd pass, Run, Run, Interception

Looks to me like Garrett was running the ball. Yes, the pick came on a 3rd and 2 and Dallas broadcasted the pass by being in a shotgun formation but they called 5 runs for 2 passes on that drive.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 3.6*3=10.8 still enough for first downs.

No way you call a pass on that first drive. 3rd and 2, go ahead and run it.

Only passes I would call would be in the center on crossing patterns or screens.

Let your defense do its job, make them punt or slow them down.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Have to agree with Spaced on this one. Need to run out the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Run the ball with who? Felix Jones against that Detroit defensive line? Good luck with that. That will be some quick 3 and outs.

You are the biggest dumbass that I've ever known. YOu run your stupid mouth about Romo, while I argue that the running game has sucked.
              Then today: Car Yds Avg TDs
              F. Jones 16 57 3.6 0

which is his best day so far, and you change your story. So what we have, in the same game, is Romo sucks but the running game caused him to suck but...

Kiss my ass.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is a hilarious game.

Jets defense (-3) 1 TD for, 1 TD against, 1 FG against.

Jets offense (-14) 2 TDs against

Jets special teams 1 TD for.

The Jets should just punt immediately. They'd be far better off.

Possession number 6 coming up for the Jets offense.*

Offense as in derogatory.

Back down to -4 yards. 50 yards for, 54 yards in penalties.

Offense gets on the board. That's pretty good. 13 yards total offense and they get 3 points out of it.
                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 2, 2011, 22:17.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Sanchez is absolutely pathetic. 4 of 15 for 50 yards. They've run the ball 10 times and are losing on time of possession. What does it take to make the Jets see?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Jim Schwartz's 1st comment on win: 'Indulge me for a second, I’m just glad the 3rd best receiver on their team is on our team.'
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wow both Flacco and Sanchez had QB ratings in the 30's and both only completed 32% of their passes. What the hell?
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Has anyone seen something like what Ronnie Brown tried to do in football before? Inches from the goal-line, he takes a handoff straight up the middle, gets held up just shy of the line of scrimmage, and as he's being whipped around and taken to the ground, he flings the ball, attempting a forward pass, which only goes backwards and is ruled a fumble. Has anyone seen that before?
                        A first for me too, but thanks Ronnie.
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Sanchez is absolutely pathetic. 4 of 15 for 50 yards. They've run the ball 10 times and are losing on time of possession. What does it take to make the Jets see?
                          He's better than Romo.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Run the ball with who? Felix Jones against that Detroit defensive line? Good luck with that. That will be some quick 3 and outs.
                            The Lions D line isn't actually as good against the run as it is against the pass.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                              A first for me too, but thanks Ronnie.

For those outside of the Philly and San Francisco markets, this is the bizarre play:

"I've never seen a player do that before" -Jim Mora Jr, who was commentating the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                The Lions D line isn't actually as good against the run as it is against the pass.
                                I disagree if you look at RB performance against the Lions this season. The tricky thing is they're in the middle of the pack in terms of rushing yards given up but a sizable portion of those rushing yards are from QB's, WR's on end arounds, and hybrid WR/RB's like Dexter McCluster and Percy Harvin.

Check it:
                                vs. Tampa: RB's Blount and Graham were held to 11 carries for 28 yards combined; Josh Freeman picked up 26 on 4 rushes while backup QB Josh Johnson had a 2 yard gain.
                                vs. KC: KC's RB platoon sans McCluster had 20 rushes for 88 yards; McCluster alone picked up 51 on 8 carries while Dwayne Bowe had a 12 yarder.
                                vs. Minnesota: AP and Gerhart went 19 for 80 while McNabb had 2 for 11 and hybrid Percy Harvin picked up 41 on only 2 carries.

So through those first 3 games, Detroit gave up 339 yards on the ground but only 196 to actual pure RB's.

Comment

Working...
                                X