Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the 9 total targets to Colston was good but Brees threw 49 times so you'd think that target number would be higher and most of them came at the final minutes.
    I owned Colston for the last two years. WYSIWYG. Henderson and Meachem will outproduce Colston this year.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Fantasy thread, please... some of us come here to talk real football
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I can't believe how dominant GB seemed but how they just couldnt close it out until the last play.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I thought it would be a pass on last play. Their running game on short yardage didn't seem to do that well tonight. But maybe that's what they thought Pack were thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
            Really, Al? Based on one game? Maybe it was because of the early fumble. I'm sure he'll be targeted more often as season progresses.
            I'm not going to keep him on my bench because that's no value for me beyond depriving someone else of him. I'd try to trade him, of course.

I have Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, TB Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, and Mario Manningham, as well. If Colston can't be a safe play, I don't really need to start him with those guys. Ideally, I would package Colston in a trade for an elite WR.

The only problem is the guy with Andre Johnson never trades and the guy with Roddy White has nothing to offer me beyond Roddy White. Sigh...
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
              I thought it would be a pass on last play. Their running game on short yardage didn't seem to do that well tonight. But maybe that's what they thought Pack were thinking.
              Hey, let's hand it to the rookie in his first game instead of relying on our super-star QB
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It's pretty cool that the last 3 NFL games (this one, the Super Bowl, and the AFC Championship) all came down to the wire...

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Hey, let's hand it to the rookie in his first game instead of relying on our super-star QB
                  Yeah, I totally didn't agree with that call.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Sean Peyton is the king of questionable playcalls. They usually work out, though. What gets me is that usually Peyton is of an aggressive philosophy but a HB dive out of a goal-line set at the 1 is so uncharacteristically conservative. I don't get the call for obvious reasons but it's not characteristic aggressive Sean Peyton either which makes it stranger.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      except for record tying run backs.
                      returners gotta run em back from deeper in the endzone, but there still wont be as many returns and that sucks.

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                      Have to agree that it was a bad call once I saw replay. Looked like he got ball first and then the receiver.
                      yup, the replay showed the guy flying over the top and batting the ball down before making any relevant contact. The play was great and the ref(s) turned it into a freebie from the 1

and they stuffed it

why oh why did coach try to run it right into those DTs? I needed OT to get some pts out of Grant

Comment

• Website I just stumbled across showing broadcast maps for the games of the upcoming week:

Naturally, I'm ****ing screwed.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Wow, that's an awesome website. Good find.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It has baseball too, I get to watch the Tigers game tomorrow.

Everything you need to know about sports on television.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I do not.

Comment

• On the plus side, Galnemer is working at the library from 1-5 on Sunday, which nicely coincides with a theoretical trip to a sports bar or something to watch the Lions.

Comment

Working...
                                X