This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on up to 11th - Dec 16th, 2011. - Al B Sure
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• :loltroll:
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
        Other than a demonstrated ability to stay uninjured behind a great offensive line, I'm not sure that Sanchez has really shown himself to be better than Stafford yet...
        Yeah get back at me when Stafford has 4 road playoff wins
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Or an O-line and strong running game.

My only problem with Sanchez is consistency. He'll look unbeatable for few possessions, then suddenly start missing open targets. Then, just when I've given up on him, he'll put together a great drive. He's good under pressure, though. I'll give him that.

But he has definitely benefited from landing on a team with a strong infrastructure. Put him on a weak team the last few years and I sincerely doubt there would be much change in their record. OTOH, there are probably 20 QBs in the league who could equal or improve upon what he's done with the Jets.

IMHO.
          Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 24, 2011, 18:55.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• A line makes a big difference.

Here's NFL rankings, for Fantasy.
            Play the official fantasy football game of the NFL. Explore video highlights, scoring, custom leagues and more for your NFL Fantasy league.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• He's not a great fantasy selection because the Jets don't throw it nearly as much as most teams. (If he's actually good, he should have a higher rank in Jag's new scoring system than in the IDP league.)

In IDP's system, he's ranked #21 (projected) and #17 (2010 actual).

I would hasten to point out that fantasy football is not a great measure of quarterbacking ability.

Comment

• My point is that what Sanchez has accomplished in two years is extremely impressive for a young QB. Generally, the first two seasons are the learning stage when a QB struggles. This season and the next will be the big do or die seasons for him.

One concern though is that he's had no consistency at WR. The Jets keep trying to sign the next big name but as a result have had a revolving door at the position. They brought in Braylon Edwards mid-season as the #1 (replacing Chansi Stuckey), then Santonio Holmes again mid-season (due to suspension), so Braylon dropped to #2... now Braylon is gone and Plaxico is in. Cotchery was the #3 but now he's replaced by Derrick Mason. The Jets have had crazy turnover at WR.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Or an O-line and strong running game.
                  Or a defense.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• HAHHA
                    Attached Files
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm switching between the games but it looks like Tim Hightower has seized the starting RB position for the Redskins. Vick was getting torn up til they started keeping Celek in to block. The crazy thing is Cleveland is not really rushing more than 4 on most downs yet they're getting to Vick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        I'm switching between the games but it looks like Tim Hightower has seized the starting RB position for the Redskins. Vick was getting torn up til they started keeping Celek in to block. The crazy thing is Cleveland is not really rushing more than 4 on most downs yet they're getting to Vick.
                        Hightower

I choose wisely.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hightower is probably the #1 RB in WAS, but it's not exactly a great thing even in Fantasy; he's not that good. Maximum is a flex spot; he's not ever going to be worth a RB2 slot even, no matter how many snaps he plays.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I picked him for flex. Whether he's great or not, he's the #1 RB on a team known for running, with a coach known for running, and two crappy options at QB.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              I picked him for flex. Whether he's great or not, he's the #1 RB on a team known for running, with a coach known for running, and two crappy options at QB.
                              To be fair, they do have Ryan Torain and Roy Helu in the mix and you know how Shanahan is with RB's.

Comment

• I've got Torain too.

Comment

Working...
                                X