Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say that like that's an insult. The man's a bonafide hall of famer. Yeah I love LT, great player. Just wish the Boltz kept him.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• There's only one true LT, but he's a dumbass off the field. Still, the real LT (who wore #56, not #21) was the best to ever play his position and changed the game far more than Tomlinson could ever do.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Uh, sure, whatever. At least I managed to get PR!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Uh, sure, whatever. At least I managed to get PR!

PR?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.

Comment

• Why do you like Philip Rivers so much? He acts like a douche. He's always yelling at his team-mates, yelling at the other team, etc.

I'm kind of glad, despite his gaudy stats, that the Giants traded him. Rivers has too much of a New York personality that, while it would seem to make sense, would have caused too many headaches for a Coughlin-coached team that, at the time, included such personalities as Strahan, Shockey, and Barber.

I'll take Eli's mild-mannered demeanor in that offense and locker-room.

The Giants have no 'rah rah' Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Philip Rivers, etc. kind of guy anymore (though Jacobs wants to be) and that's probably a good thing.

Comment

• Rivers has too much of a New York personality
                Dude's a Tarheel. He's just like Eli except he doesn't suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Dude's a Tarheel. He's just like Eli except he doesn't suck.
                  Umm... Philip Rivers went to North Carolina State, not the University of North Carolina. UNC are Tarheels, not NCSU.

He's like Eli? They have very different personalities.

I'm not saying being hyper-competitive and rah rah is a bad thing. I just don't think it would have worked on that Giants team filled with personalities that Coughlin has always tried to restrain.

Comment

• Of the two, one has consistently great stats, the other has won a Super Bowl.

In fantasy football, an easy choice. IRL, not so much.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not saying being hyper-competitive and rah rah is a bad thing. I just don't think it would have worked on that Giants team filled with personalities that Coughlin has always tried to restrain.
                      On the field maybe, but he's clean, family man who doesn't even swear on the field. And his numbers allways seem to creep up on folks. I've yet to pay a premium on him per value which mis more than I can say about most players.

Comment

• Aside from last season when he threw for 4700+ yards, Philip Rivers' yardage and TD numbers aren't that much higher than Eli's. The perception is there that Rivers is really slinging it and Eli isn't but until last season, Rivers averaged only 3700 yards and 26.25 TDs per season as a starter. That's around where Eli's average is at.

Comment

• You might want to add just one more stat into that comparison to make it a bit more fair, Al... (INTs)
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• **** fair and logic. All that matters is a perception of reality, and Al passed on Eli, so even his perception of reality is unrealistic.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              **** fair and logic. All that matters is a perception of reality, and Al passed on Eli, so even his perception of reality is unrealistic.
                              Do you have a problem, sir?

Comment

• Not really. Just an acute awareness.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X