No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't make it clear how much more valuable running QB's are. I think this is going over people's heads.

You'd say a 275yd 2TD performance out of Romo would be an above average one (that would come to 4400 yards and 32TDs on the season)

All Tebow would need for the same number of fantasy points is to throw for 150yds 1TD, and rush for another 50yds and a rushing TD.

Those numbers seem, to me, to be low for Tebow while we're talking them being equivalent to above average numbers for Romo.

In fact, in his 3 starts last year, he actually averaged 217yds 1.3TD with 66.3yds and 1 rushing TD, higher numbers!

If Tebow performs at his AVERAGE of last year this week, his fantasy output would be 27.8 fantasy points! That would be equivalent to Romo's 2nd highest fantasy output this season and equivalent to Romo throwing for 250yds 3TDs or 400yds 2TDs.

Those numbers would exceed expectations for Romo.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Dude, we get it. Please stop beating on this. It's not like it's rocket science.

Fact is, before Vick last year, no running QB has consistently performed as well as the top pocket passers over the past 8-10 years. And those easy rushing stats you keep throwing around are inconsistent - especially the TD you seem to think is nearly automatic on a weekly basis. Then there's the small matter of injuries: out-of-the-pocket QBs are (at least perceived to be) more likely to be hurt, and a leg or ankle injury basically deletes the one advantage they have.

If you commit to a Vick/Newton/Tebow, you'd better draft your backup early, and probably should get two of them.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• But for this week, it's no land-slide for Romo. It's even at best.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Whatev. We shall see.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Romo, by a landslide.

Denver offense is terrible. I have a more difficult decision, Cam vs the Skins or Rivers vs Jets.
            All I know is you better have Vincent Jackson, if you own him, on your bench. He's no Brandon Marshall so he's not going to 6 catches for 109 like Marshall did on Revis Island.

Comment

• Marshall made Revis look human last Monday. It was a shame he couldn't stay inbounds on that play where Revis was 20 yards back, looking for his jockstrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Marshall made Revis look human last Monday. It was a shame he couldn't stay inbounds on that play where Revis was 20 yards back, looking for his jockstrap.
                Yeah I know. I lost this week in my auction league by 5 points.

Marshall is inexplicably banged up, too. He may not play this week, for those (MRT, Ben) keeping tabs on my injuries on my fantasy teams.

Comment

• ****! Jimmy Graham missed practice and is questionable!

Comment

• God damn:

Schwartz said Thursday there is no plan to put Best on injured reserve; when he's cleared to play, he'll play.

According to another report, from CBSsports.com's Mike Freeman, " . . . Best has been advised by people close to him to 'strongly consider sitting out the year' after suffering his second concussion of the season last Sunday."
                    What helmet does he wear?

Comment

• I really need to deal Cam Newton...
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• When it rains, it pours...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          I really need to deal Cam Newton...
                          My team in D/ST league is pretty healthy. It's my auction league that I actually care about that's the one banged up. I don't have Cam in that league, so relax.

Comment

• Matthew Berry mentioned this interesting idea:

It's a 10-team league, and two sets of wins are awarded every week. The five teams that win their head-to-head matchup get a win, and the top five highest-scoring teams also get a win. Helps mitigate those weeks when you have the third-highest score but were playing one of the two highest-scoring teams. Or, conversely, penalizes those who squeak by with a less-than-stellar week.
                            I doubt yahoo could do it but it is an interesting idea.

Comment

• My team in D/ST league is pretty healthy. It's my auction league that I actually care about that's the one banged up. I don't have Cam in that league, so relax.
                              Thank goodness. Ok.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Easy enough, run two leagues with identical rosters.

Comment

Working...
                                X