No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, a reversal. Plus, you're 10th in scoring this week. It's hard to expect victory with that, yet it looks like you might get away with it. I'll brook no more talk about how unlucky you are. Even it it's reversed again when they do late scoring adjustments Thursday morning.
    I am undefeated on Charger bye weeks. Looks like my luck's finally turned. Even if I lose out the rest, you'll get no more complaints from me.

Now I have to fight to get to 3-4.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Should I start Fred Davis over that motley group of WR's pretty much every week? How good does a TE need to be before you start him over a WR in such a format? Do you always play a top-10 TE over a WR2/WR3?
      Hello, I'm Antonio Gates.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Lloyd heads to greener pastures in StL

Comment

• We need to know scoring system Al.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            We need to know scoring system Al.
            6pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 yards receiving, non-PPR.

Playing different numbers of games:
            Fred Davis: 7.6 points/week; 5.03 stdev
            Brandon Marshall: 8.75/wk; 4.92 stdev
            TB Mike Williams: 3/wk; 2.36
            Percy Harvin: 7/wk; 2.68

Looks like Marshall should still be getting the starting nod, although Chad Henne's out so that may change things.

Surprisingly, Harvin has a narrow variation.

But just as general question, how good does a TE have to be for you to start him over a WR in a format that allows TE's to play WR?
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 17, 2011, 18:00.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Hello, I'm Antonio Gates.
              Oh, you mean the guy with the broken foot?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                But just as general question, how good does a TE have to be for you to start him over a WR in a format that allows TE's to play WR?
                Beyone the standard yds/TDs, I tend to look at targets and red zone usage. TE and WR are apples-to-apples in terms of stat categories (outside the occasional Harvin end-around), to I'd just do a weekly analysis based on opposing defenses. Should be pretty basic for someone as stat-aware as you are.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The thing I see with TEs, is consistancy. Generally speaking, your TEs aren't going to go 1 catch for 10 yards. They are going to get you consistant points like 5-50-1. On the other side, you're not going to get 7-200-3 from a TE. So basically, WRs have a higher ceiling vs higher bottom end with TEs.
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Crap.

5-0 going into the weekand and playing a team that hasen't posted a roster in 3 weeks and I loose. Oh well, I can handle another 14-1 Fantasy Bowl Championship season.

Comment

• not with that luck

Comment

• Nice. Where is the like button on Apolyton?

Comment

• No need for one. Nobody here likes anything or anyone. Hadn't you noticed?
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• **** off.

Comment

• See?

Comment

• the mighty drizzle does not appear to be managing his team

and fortunately for me

why in the hell did I put Hilliard in my line up?

Comment

Working...
                                X