No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you're saying, "I am the undisputed master of having the highest-scoring undrafted bench players in FF."

Good for you!
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 12, 2011, 13:18.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      So you're saying, "I am the undisputed master of having the highest-scoring bench players in FF."

Good for you!
      No, because I started Hardesty, started Hunter, started Redman, etc.

My point is I'm shocked that everyone else is letting me do this. I thought for sure MRT would be pouncing on these guys before I could get to them (like he did with Ryan Torain last year while I was ****ing around with Keiland Williams and James Davis )
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, Redman really tore it up for me last week. While DeAngelo rode then pines.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Yeah, Redman really tore it up for me last week. While DeAngelo rode then pines.
          Yeah I know. Still, he wasn't bad for a flex. I drafted CJ Spiller as my RB3 so Redman, while outscored by Battle, was a reasonable option for me, given my lack of RB depth. Redman scored as many points for me as McFadden did and more than James Starks who I got from Flash. So considering, Redman did as well as my first round pick RB1.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Week 5 was, by far, the lowest-scoring week of the season so far.

Comment

• Albert's just gotten lucky so far, and he'll regress to the mean himself.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Albert's just gotten lucky so far, and he'll regress to the mean himself.
                Nah huh. I have Cam Newton now, not Gimpy McTurnover*

*Gimpy McTurnover may have thrown 5 TD passes last week

Comment

• Nah huh. I have Cam Newton now, not Gimpy McTurnover*
                  Goddamn, couldn't you have waited a week? I have Cam starting for River's bye. The only week I need him. Now my team has Albie taint.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Did you see who I droped to pick up Robinson?

Honestly, I'm trading in no points for probably no points, but a chance for some points, maybe. Stop being such a douche.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Yeah I know. Still, he wasn't bad for a flex. I drafted CJ Spiller as my RB3 so Redman, while outscored by Battle, was a reasonable option for me, given my lack of RB depth. Redman scored as many points for me as McFadden did and more than James Starks who I got from Flash. So considering, Redman did as well as my first round pick RB1.
                      Well, I'm very happy that your ability to analyze one-week wonders has so completely overshadowed your absolute inability to draft or manage and led you to such a sterling not-quite-last point total.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Dude, I picked up Donald Jones and Montario Hardesty in Week 3 and they obliged with 5 catches for 101 yards and 86 all-purpose yards respectively. I picked up Laurent Robinson and Kendell Hunter in Week 4, and Robinson put up 7 for 116 while Hunter had 100 yards from scrimmage. This past week, I picked up Doug Baldwin (136 and a score) and Jackie Battle (140 yards). I don't always start them since it's tough to convince myself to start these guys over Maclin and Holmes but my pickups have out-performed my drafted starters every week, so I'm going to change that.

In fact, I'll take offers for Maclin and Santonio Holmes.

I've shown a proclivity for finding the weekly deep sleeper gems. I did the same thing last year (I was the one who picked up Blount and James Starks last year, before their breakouts [okay, Starks was a little premature since it took the playoffs for him to get going], and was always rotating guys I picked up the morning before their breakout, like Seyi Ajirotutu).

I'm not saying I'm the ****. I'm just saying that you guys are making it too easy by having so little turnover on your rosters. There's no reason why I was the only one who saw Laurent Robinson (when Miles Austin was out), Jackie Battle (whom Todd Haley said days before the game that he was going to be a big part of their gameplan), and Doug Baldwin (a possession guy on an offense that was missing Mike Williams) about to have big games. It was patently obvious.

And I don't care about 'projections'. Besides, the guys I got starting now aren't who'll be starting come Sunday
                        If you drafted better you wouldn't have to scrounge the WW. You are the only ones who sees these guys because you are the only one looking .
                        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                          Well, I'm very happy that your ability to analyze one-week wonders has so completely overshadowed your absolute inability to draft or manage and led you to such a sterling not-quite-last point total.

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                          If you drafted better you wouldn't have to scrounge the WW. You are the only ones who sees these guys because you are the only one looking .

Comment

• Got a question. In a Espn standard league with friends, I have MJD, foster, forte, and Daniel Thomas. Am I crazy for thinking I should start Thomas over foster this week. Ravens are second best in league against the run.
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• I can see why'd you'd consider it, but I would play my stud.

So to answer your question, you may be crazy, but this would not be why.

Comment

• Nice problems to have in fantasy football:

Total yards (rush and receiving) is the primary concern.

I get to start 2 RBs:
                                D.Sporels (NO) vs TB
                                R.Torain (Was) vs Phi
                                J.Best (Det) vs SF

Sporels has become the #1 RB in NO, but only marginally. However, he does more with his touches than just about anybody else.
                                Torain could have a huge day... if Shanahan lets him.
                                Best has been my RB1 since RB J.Charles (KC) went down. Hasn't been getting the rush yards (last week being the exception), but has still been going for around 100+ total yards every week. I know the rule is to ride your studs, but both Sporels and Torain have huge potential this week and Best is playing against an inspired D.

The nice problems don't end there. Pick three WR/TEs:
                                M.Wallace (Pit) vs Jac
                                W.Welker (NE) vs Dal
                                D.Bryant (Dal) vs NE
                                J.Graham (NO) vs TB

Wallace and Welker. They are the #1 and #3 receivers in the NFL right now. How can you sit either one? This leads me to choose between Bryant and Graham. Graham is the #1 target on the #1 passing team in the NFL. He is also the #4 receiver in the NFL. How can you sit him? Well, you can sit him if your other option is the healthest WR the Cowboys have in a game where the teams are going to score about 80 points total and your guy will be single covered most of the game.

Give me your input guys. I'm really not sure which one to sit in both cases.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X