No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick hasn't looked that good this season even before the concussion, and now he's got a banged up hand. I really don't think he's going to bounce back to what we saw last year, I really don't. I got a legit #1 RB for him; I probably could have gotten more, but the only other player flash was gonna throw into the bargain was Kerry Collins, and I had no interest in him.
    This. Berz has been trying to trade Vick in IDP, and hasn't found any takers yet.

Vick isn't going to go for much more than a ham sandwich at this point, and certainly not for a number one RB, unless you're talking about someone like Addai.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It bears repeating... in D/ST league, Vick has more fantasy points than Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Kyle Orton, and Josh Freeman. As long as he plays, he'll be a good enough fantasy QB. Even Atlanta Vick had fantasy relevance.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He doesn't have fantasy relevance if he's on my bench every week, and especially not if all I have are very mediocre RBs.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I believe D/ST is already viewable to the public, btw.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I drop Amendola and JR picks him up right away. So much for a *mistake*.

Oh well, at least I have Dallas Clark.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Amendola is useless. He's weeks away from playing, St. Louis' passing offense is sucking it up now, despite Josh McDaniels, and there's an assload of WR's there... he's not worth rostering.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Amendola is useless. He's weeks away from playing, St. Louis' passing offense is sucking it up now, despite Josh McDaniels, and there's an assload of WR's there... he's not worth rostering.
                He dropped Lee Evans. I seem to remember you saying Lee Evans was going to be good.

Comment

• I dropped Lee Evans, last week, too. Lee Evans is injured. Torrey Smith Lee Evan'ed Lee Evans. Oh well.

The pieces were there... Derrick Mason had 800 yards last year as a #2 in that offense and Lee Evans is better than Derrick Mason. Lee Evans should have excelled but he got hurt.

Comment

• Who should I start with Jahvid Best this week? The shaky Michael Turner vs. Seattle or MJD vs. NO, with Blaine Gabbert at QB? I'm thinking MJD. MJD still got his carries even when the Jets blew Jacksonville out.

Knew I shouldn't have drafted Michael Turner. I'm hesitant to start him every week. He's only been productive so far this year in the first two games because of a single big gain in each game. He didn't get that last week and finished with 20 yards.

Comment

• I would start MJD and Turner, especially if it's not PPR. The one thing Dallas has done well is stopping the run, so it may be a quiet week for Jahvid.

I hated dropping Evans, but he's been literally worthless and someone had to go.

I've always liked Amendola. I thought Ben drafted him earlier than he needed to, but I've had great success with him in the past. Picked him up in all three of my leagues, and he's practicing again. In Poly IDP, he'll be battling for WR3 starts vs. Santonio, Jordy and Lance Moore.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Dallas stopping the run is irrelevant. We're talking Jahvid Best here, he who has averaged 47 yards rushing over 3 games... his average of 60 yards receiving per game is what makes him valuable. Jahvid Best can go up against the best run D in NFL history and it won't matter.

Just so you know, in my format, even with it being non-PPR, Best is the #8 fantasy back, ahead of both Turner and MJD.

Hopefully, I can trade Turner and Grossman for Aaron Rodgers, since the Rodgers owner has Jamaal Charles, Cedric Benson, and BJGE. It may be in his best interest to give me Rodgers for Turner/Grossman. Here's hoping it works out. I don't want Turner.

Comment

• Then go with MJD.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Best is averaging 21.3 touches a game. I think people forget just how much work he gets because they only look at his rushing numbers and scoff, forgetting he's getting typical #2 WR numbers to go with his rushing.

Comment

• Actually, elite WR numbers. Take a look:

Reggie Wayne: 14/196/1
                              Anquan Boldin: 14/194/1
                              Hakeem Nicks: 14/185/1
                              Dwayne Bowe: 11/185/1
                              Jahvid Best: 15/182/1

Not bad for an RB. Not bad, especially considering he also has another 143 and a touchdown rushing.

Comment

• Nice cherry-picking. Those are hardly elite numbers. Reggie Wayne's 196 is T30 (with LT) right now.

The elite pass-catching RB so far this year is Matt Forte: 22/287/1 -- currently #6 in receiving yards, #2 in catches. Right up there with the top WRs.

Not to diss Jahvid. He's right up there with Rice, Mathews and Sproles among RB pass-catchers.

Comment

Working...
                                X