No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, week four coming up. The Kenobi train is 0-3.

I face Guynemer this week. Will the luck continue of consecutive 150 weeks against Kenobi?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Hey, Ben, in D/ST league, I'm 1-2 but was fairly unlucky in matchups with the 3rd most points against. Suck it.

Jaguar has supplicated to the football gods once again and practiced the correct rituals... he's 3-0 with the second fewest points against. The Savage Hammers have scored more points than Jaguar but are 0-3. Pretty bad when you're winless and you've scored more points than one of the undefeated teams.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        I do

but not nearly as much as taking Vick and Romo
        I'll trade QB's. Give me that slacker Romo.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• So any thoughts on Delone Carter? This guy isn't going to breakout in a Collins/Painter-led offense, is he? He was a very fashionable sleeper but doesn't look like he's going to get the opportunity, unless Addai goes down.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I consider him a good dynasty pick, but unlikely to be helpful in 2011.
            Even if he gets a chance, I wouldn't expect much.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Hey, Ben, in D/ST league, I'm 1-2 but was fairly unlucky in matchups with the 3rd most points against. Suck it.

Jaguar has supplicated to the football gods once again and practiced the correct rituals... he's 3-0 with the second fewest points against. The Savage Hammers have scored more points than Jaguar but are 0-3. Pretty bad when you're winless and you've scored more points than one of the undefeated teams.
              Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Well, week four coming up. The Kenobi train is 0-3.

I face Guynemer this week. Will the luck continue of consecutive 150 weeks against Kenobi?
              Has it really come down to bragging rights for how unlucky you two are? In Week 3?

Jeez.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                I consider him a good dynasty pick, but unlikely to be helpful in 2011.
                Even if he gets a chance, I wouldn't expect much.
                Yeah I'm looking at some other guys (Kendall Hunter and Alfonso Smith) who seem to have more potential this year. Delone Carter doesn't seem like this year's Blount/Torain/Starks.

Comment

Has it really come down to bragging rights for how unlucky you two are? In Week 3?

Jeez.
                  The fact that the Savage Hammers out-scored Jaguar's team yet are 0-3 compared to Jaguar's 3-0 is far more interesting, I thought.

Comment

Jeez.
                    This is rhetorical right?
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I was right about Gaffney and Donald Jones (oh, so right about Donald Jones) last week, so here, Ben, for you:

My mid-week (subject to change by Sunday) lottery picks for deep sleeper WRs who will have good days: OAK Jacoby Ford (who was probably drafted in all leagues but likely was cut after 22 yards in Week 1 and nothing since) as a potential boom player, DAL Laurent Robinson, and TEN Damien Williams, who is a risky play given his limited upside (he's the possession type so probably won't give you more than 70 yards and a possible score or may not show up at all since this will be his first real action off the bench; more of a stash and watch guy). Events and news between now and Sunday may necessitate a change in my picks.

Though I still do like Gaffney as a conservative play this week against a crippled St. Louis secondary (I like him better than Robinson and especially D. Williams). Donald Jones not so much against a stingy Cincinnati secondary that has done a good job in shutting down WR's but is susceptible to TE's... as an aside, I think this week will be a good test to determine if this prolific Buffalo offense is for real or has just benefited from defensively weak opponents.

Comment

• Gaffney is probably getting rostered in deep leagues, what with the byes coming up, though, so his availability is declining. He's a solid 7-8 points a week with a possible score. You can't go wrong with a guy like Gaffney for a bye or an injury-replacement in a deep league.

I'd consider him (13/176/1) similar to Davone Bess (12/186/0) in fantasy output but with a QB who actually does throw TD passes. If Bess is rostered and Gaffney isn't, people don't know fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          This is rhetorical right?
                          Yup.

Comment

• Hey, Ben, in D/ST league, I'm 1-2 but was fairly unlucky in matchups with the 3rd most points against. Suck it.
                            Hey, talk to JR. First in points against, 0-3.

Tell me about it. At least Nate Washington, (picked up two weeks ago), and Kendall Hunter, picked up in week 1 to replace Torain are panning out.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'd consider him (13/176/1) similar to Davone Bess (12/186/0) in fantasy output but with a QB who actually does throw TD passes. If Bess is rostered and Gaffney isn't, people don't know fantasy.
                              Uh, I've been watching Bess for a long time now. Have you even seen him play?

I was right about Gaffney and Donald Jones (oh, so right about Donald Jones) last week, so here, Ben, for you:
                              You were specifically asked about Gaffney. You said nothing about him. Not a lick.

Comment

• Ugh, I always have regret after making a trade. Always feel like I got the short end. We will see.
                                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                                X