• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best QB available - Kerry Collins.

WRs, Massaquoi, Alexander, Parker

TEs, Shockey, King, Dickson

RBs, Rickey Williams, Redmond, Gerhart.

There are: zero rosterable RBs. The best is Kuhn and he's averaging 5 and a quarter points.

There is one rosterable WRs, and that's Cobb. He's averaging about 8. Which is not good, but Amendola > Cobb.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Cam Newton finally looked like a rookie and he did what? 158 yards and a TD plus 27 rushing... Hmm... I look at Josh Freeman's day: 180 yards 2 INTs plus 35 rushing and a rushing TD... so Cam at his worst is about the same as a bad day out of Josh Freeman, albeit Cam didn't turn the ball over...

Looks to me like Cam is a great #2 QB and a potential weekly starter.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You're an idiot if you cut Cam Newton. Starting him weekly is a risk, sure, but given your circumstance, it makes sense. Newton's ceiling is sky-high. Cut him for nothing at your peril.
        Uh, and Rivers has a low ceiling? Dude, he's never beaten out Rivers in any week. Rivers >>> Cam.

Cam keeps his spot by virtue of being better than anybody left.

Ochocinco I'm considering. Amendola, no. Amendola is weeks away from playing, he may struggle to get up to speed, and the Rams are struggling in general... and I'm not so sure that when Amendola comes back, he won't be in a position where he's barely seeing the field if a few of that huge stable of WR's start stepping up. I'd rather free up his roster spot, depending on what's out there on the wire.
        Wire choices are someone like Cobb, who's an option, but remember I already have Josh Cribbs and Cribbs > CObb. He'd never start. So it's a choice between depth that won't push the starters, and between depth that may have value at the end of the year.

No, this is a good league, Albert, not whatever **** league you play in. Stevie Johnson was picked in like the 5th round. You are a ****ing idiot. I said THIS year's Stevie Johnson, as in someone who comes out of nowhere mid-season, as Stevie Johnson did LAST year, you ****ing idiot.
        No, you mean this year's Austin Collie

I have an idea as to who that player is, but don't know if I should cut Ocho, for him.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Cam Newton finally looked like a rookie and he did what? 158 yards and a TD plus 27 rushing... Hmm... I look at Josh Freeman's day: 180 yards 2 INTs plus 35 rushing and a rushing TD... so Cam at his worst is about the same as a bad day out of Josh Freeman, albeit Cam didn't turn the ball over...

Potential starter? I don't know about scoring in IDP, but in D/ST Cam has the third most points of all QBs.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Best QB available - Kerry Collins.
            Cam Newton > Kerry Collins. You are a ****** if you cut Cam. This solidifies why you keep him rostered, at the very least. Frankly, I think you should sell Rivers to shore up your RB position and start Cam weekly.

WRs, Massaquoi, Alexander, Parker
            Your idea of who is best isn't correct. I bet there's talent that you can scrunge up weekly if you pay attention to backup WR's and matchups. You don't do enough research to find these guys, though, so if you attempted it, you'd probably suck.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Cam Newton finally looked like a rookie and he did what? 158 yards and a TD plus 27 rushing... Hmm... I look at Josh Freeman's day: 180 yards 2 INTs plus 35 rushing and a rushing TD... so Cam at his worst is about the same as a bad day out of Josh Freeman, albeit Cam didn't turn the ball over...
              Yeah, and look at Rivers on his worst day, with zero TDs and 2 INTs (6 so far this season), he had 7 all of last year, still outproduces Cam.

Rivers would only go for someone like Ray Rice. That's the only first round pick RB that has been more productive. That's the problem with trading a top tier QB when the RBs suck ass this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Potential starter? I don't know about scoring in IDP, but in D/ST Cam has the third most points of all QBs.
                I'm not the idiot who wants to cut him.

Comment

• I was a Cam Newton supporter since I found out about the offense Chudzinksi was instituting in Carolina, Ozzy.

*wishes I had kept my mouth shut about drafting Cam Newton in D/ST. He could have been mine No one wanted him but me *

Comment

• I should trade Cam, who's far more easily replaceable for a starting back.

Your idea of who is best isn't correct. I bet there's talent that you can scrunge up weekly if you pay attention to backup WR's and matchups. You don't do enough research to find these guys, though, so if you attempted it, you'd probably suck.
                    Uh, Meachem, Nate Washington (who I picked up last week). Cadillac, Helu. My depth is fine. What's killing me is this three card monte.

Start 3 of the following RBs:

LT
                    FJax
                    Tolbert
                    Beanie.

All three of my rosters so far have missed the biggest week, and started the least optimal configuration. That takes *effort*, 1/64th in roster starting. Missed LT this week, FJax last week, Tolbert in week one. That's 90 points right there.

Comment

• I'm not the idiot who wants to cut him.
                      Under 30 points for a QB, yeah, he's not earning a starting spot. Despite Rivers having a bad week, he still didn't beat out Rivers. Rivers is a top tier QB, and the only RBs that are top tier this year are McCoy (who I'm not getting), McFadden (who I have zero interest in), FJax, (who I already own), and Ray Rice (who I'm not getting).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I should trade Cam, who's far more easily replaceable for a starting back.

Uh, Meachem, Nate Washington (who I picked up last week). Cadillac, Helu. My depth is fine. What's killing me is this three card monte.

Start 3 of the following RBs:

LT
                        FJax
                        Tolbert
                        Beanie.

All three of my rosters so far have missed the biggest week, and started the least optimal configuration. That takes *effort*, 1/64th in roster starting. Missed LT this week, FJax last week, Tolbert in week one. That's 90 points right there.
                        That is EXACTLY why you trade Rivers to get a weekly starting RB.

Comment

• That is EXACTLY why you trade Rivers to get a weekly starting RB.
                          And Roll on Cam? No, I'd guarantee losses every other week. Better to trade Cam + depth and get an underperforming top back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            I'm not the idiot who wants to cut him.
                            Since he's already got Rivers, he could probably trade Cam for something good. Those two QBs are too good to have one on the bench.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Since he's already got Rivers, he could probably trade Cam for something good. Those two QBs are too good to have one on the bench.
                              Yet he's cutting him.

Comment

• Albert, as of week 2, I have Tolbert, Jackson and Wells, by IDP, 3 of the top 10 backs.

RBs aren't my problem, Albert.

Comment

Working...
                                X