No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He probably felt better as soon as Albert picked Peyton Manning.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Brees, Jennings, and Sproles = IDP Profit!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• dumb me, I figured Sproles would take a couple games to get into the mix

Comment

• Running is running, no matter where you run.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Another TD for Brees!

Comment

• Ryan Grant

where are you?

Jesus, I started Grant over Sproles in 1 league

Comment

• What a great game. Fantasy wise.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  What a great game. Fantasy wise.
                  Yeah, Drew Brees was great even though they didn't win game.

Comment

• 60 points for Bresus!

Brees, Jennings, and Sproles = IDP Profit!
                    I saw your team. Probably set a record this week.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• God, 100.36 - 0. Aren't we supposed to be nice to the newbies, Guy?

On pace for 190 this week. Glad I ain't playing you.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

Not penalizing for INTs is idiotic.
                        I thought it was strange too but the logic was that they never want a situation where starting a guy hurts you. It's rare but you can get in situations where you'd be better off playing no one than playing a guy who turns the ball over (maybe a guy who gets laid out, fumbles, and is taking off in a stretcher). In an Apolyton league in 2006, I lost Trent Green in week 1 and had to start Kerry Collins. Kerry's bum ass gave me negative points on his day; like -5 or something.

Think about it with defenses as well. I'm sure you can imagine quite often there are times when you'd be better off not playing a defense than playing one that will give you negative points. You can probably predict this in advance, as well. Then you get into some strange situations where a guy doesn't play a defense and that can be very problematic if there aren't rules set up for this.

These are all 'out-there' situations though. I did try to get them to punish INTs and fumbles but it's not my league. They've been doing this for over a decade and they don't want to change.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          God, 100.36 - 0. Aren't we supposed to be nice to the newbies, Guy?

On pace for 190 this week. Glad I ain't playing you.
                          Guy shouldn't get too cocky...this newbie has never lost a head to head matchup...when losing by over 100 points...after the first night!!!

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Touche.

Comment

• Colston out with a broken Collar Bone. I gotta start checking my rosters and see if I have overlaps with Al's ill fated team.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Crap.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X